AIW7500 and Direct X 9

Hi,

Is the AIW 7500 hardware able to work with direct x 9.

I can't seem to het yahoo instant messenger with a webcam to work, but on a
system with an aiw9800 with direct x 9 it does.

So is the hardware itself in the AIW7500 unable to work with Direct x 9?

TIA,

jeff
4 answers Last reply
More about aiw7500 direct

    "Jeff" <Jeff@somewhere.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is the AIW 7500 hardware able to work with direct x 9.
    >
    > I can't seem to het yahoo instant messenger with a webcam to work, but on
    > system with an aiw9800 with direct x 9 it does.
    >

    > So is the hardware itself in the AIW7500 unable to work with Direct x 9?
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > jeff

    If I recall correctly, the tech in the Radeon 7500 is DirectX 7.

    On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 09:15:21 -0500, "Jeff" <Jeff@somewhere.com> wrote:

    >So is the hardware itself in the AIW7500 unable to work with Direct x 9?

    It will work with DX9, it just won't accelerate the hardware DX9
    functions.

    "Jeff" <Jeff@somewhere.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is the AIW 7500 hardware able to work with direct x 9.
    >
    > I can't seem to het yahoo instant messenger with a webcam to work, but on
    > system with an aiw9800 with direct x 9 it does.
    > So is the hardware itself in the AIW7500 unable to work with Direct x 9?

    As another said, your card will just run at dx7 or so.
    Update the webcam driver. A lot of the cheap webcam's have problems, and
    older logitech driver's as well (from my experience).

    jody

    Correct.

    --
    DaveW

    "Jeff" <Jeff@somewhere.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is the AIW 7500 hardware able to work with direct x 9.
    >
    > I can't seem to het yahoo instant messenger with a webcam to work, but on
    > system with an aiw9800 with direct x 9 it does.
    >

    > So is the hardware itself in the AIW7500 unable to work with Direct x 9?
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > jeff

Radeon Hardware Directx Graphics