AIW7500 and Direct X 9

jeff

Hi,

Is the AIW 7500 hardware able to work with direct x 9.

I can't seem to het yahoo instant messenger with a webcam to work, but on a
system with an aiw9800 with direct x 9 it does.

So is the hardware itself in the AIW7500 unable to work with Direct x 9?

TIA,

jeff

"Jeff" <Jeff@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is the AIW 7500 hardware able to work with direct x 9.
>
> I can't seem to het yahoo instant messenger with a webcam to work, but on
> system with an aiw9800 with direct x 9 it does.
>

> So is the hardware itself in the AIW7500 unable to work with Direct x 9?
>
> TIA,
>
> jeff

If I recall correctly, the tech in the Radeon 7500 is DirectX 7.

Andrew

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 09:15:21 -0500, "Jeff" <Jeff@somewhere.com> wrote:

>So is the hardware itself in the AIW7500 unable to work with Direct x 9?

It will work with DX9, it just won't accelerate the hardware DX9
functions.

Jody

"Jeff" <Jeff@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is the AIW 7500 hardware able to work with direct x 9.
>
> I can't seem to het yahoo instant messenger with a webcam to work, but on
> system with an aiw9800 with direct x 9 it does.
> So is the hardware itself in the AIW7500 unable to work with Direct x 9?

As another said, your card will just run at dx7 or so.
Update the webcam driver. A lot of the cheap webcam's have problems, and
older logitech driver's as well (from my experience).

jody

Correct.

--
DaveW