Sapphire card reliability/performance/value???

The local parts shop seems to stock mostly Sapphire cards based on the
X800 and X850 series. I was wondering if anyone had any comments about
their reliability or performance or value???

I've only ever bought ATI cards released by ATI, and am not at all
familiar with other companies that use ATI chips to make their own
cards...

Thanks folks.
--
- Rog

http://www.wpcusrgrp.org/~rogerbuchanan/index.html

NOTE: to Reply to this, remove the phrase "NOSPAM"
from my "Reply To:" address, or it will be returned.

Roger Buchanan wrote:
> The local parts shop seems to stock mostly Sapphire cards based on the
> X800 and X850 series. I was wondering if anyone had any comments about
> their reliability or performance or value???
>
> I've only ever bought ATI cards released by ATI, and am not at all
> familiar with other companies that use ATI chips to make their own
> cards...

Sapphire are probably ATIs biggest board manufacturer. They stick to the
reference design and sell a LOT of boards. I doubt you'd be dissapointed.

Ben

Roger Buchanan wrote:
> The local parts shop seems to stock mostly Sapphire cards based on the
> X800 and X850 series. I was wondering if anyone had any comments about
> their reliability or performance or value???
>
> I've only ever bought ATI cards released by ATI, and am not at all
> familiar with other companies that use ATI chips to make their own
> cards...
>
> Thanks folks.
Sapphire are an excellent reference design card. Good bang for the buck.
--Looker007

I have a Sapphire 9800 Pro and a X800XL and am very happy with both.
The system I buy at work come with Sapphire 7000 cards and I have had one
card that was bad on arrival out of approx. 65 machines.
Groovy Guru

"Roger Buchanan" <rogerb@wpcusrgrp.NOSPAMorg> wrote in message
> The local parts shop seems to stock mostly Sapphire cards based on the
> X800 and X850 series. I was wondering if anyone had any comments about
> their reliability or performance or value???
>
> I've only ever bought ATI cards released by ATI, and am not at all
> familiar with other companies that use ATI chips to make their own
> cards...
>
> Thanks folks.
> --
> - Rog
>
> http://www.wpcusrgrp.org/~rogerbuchanan/index.html
>
> NOTE: to Reply to this, remove the phrase "NOSPAM"
> from my "Reply To:" address, or it will be returned.

killa

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005

"Roger Buchanan" <rogerb@wpcusrgrp.NOSPAMorg> wrote in message
> The local parts shop seems to stock mostly Sapphire cards based on the
> X800 and X850 series. I was wondering if anyone had any comments about
> their reliability or performance or value???
>
> I've only ever bought ATI cards released by ATI, and am not at all
> familiar with other companies that use ATI chips to make their own
> cards...
>
> Thanks folks.
> --
> - Rog
>
> http://www.wpcusrgrp.org/~rogerbuchanan/index.html
>
> NOTE: to Reply to this, remove the phrase "NOSPAM"
> from my "Reply To:" address, or it will be returned.

sapphire products work just fine, i find.