SteamWatch - Independent website to inform about steam

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

SteamWatch - Independent website to inform about steam

just knew about this website and i'm extremely happy to give it
to this group

SteamWatch
http://www.steamwatch.org/

in their opening page you can read:
"we are independent, providing alternative informational support for people
who feel that Steam is violating their rights as consumers"

very glad pc gamers are mobilizing in many fronts to fight valve and steam!

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

steamwatch - independent observatory about steam
http://www.steamwatch.org/

More about steamwatch independent website inform steam
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "difool" wrote

    > please sign petition "Say NO! to Steam!" available at:
    > http://www.petitiononline.com/nosteam/petition.html

    That page contains a link for buying HL2 via Steam.
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Vince wrote:

    > That page contains a link for buying HL2 via Steam.

    Lol, Excellent.

    --
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
    so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts"

    Bertrand Russell
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "Shawk" wrote

    >> That page contains a link for buying HL2 via Steam.
    >
    > Lol, Excellent.

    I love this one:

    "Steam is just violently bad. Seems to run horridly on lower end computers,
    and especially ones withh voodoo cards, which need I remind anyone were top
    of the line when half life originally debuted."

    OMFG

    - Peter
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Peter Lykkegaard wrote:
    > "Shawk" wrote
    >
    >>>That page contains a link for buying HL2 via Steam.
    >>
    >>Lol, Excellent.
    >>

    > I love this one:
    >
    > "Steam is just violently bad. Seems to run horridly on lower end computers,
    > and especially ones withh voodoo cards, which need I remind anyone were top
    > of the line when half life originally debuted."
    >
    > OMFG
    >
    > - Peter

    ROFLMAO!!

    --
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
    so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts"

    Bertrand Russell
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "difool" <john.difool@mail.telepac.pt> wrote in message
    > SteamWatch - Independent website to inform about steam
    >
    > just knew about this website and i'm extremely happy to give it
    > to this group
    >
    > SteamWatch
    > http://www.steamwatch.org/
    >
    > in their opening page you can read:
    > "we are independent, providing alternative informational support for
    people
    > who feel that Steam is violating their rights as consumers"
    >
    > very glad pc gamers are mobilizing in many fronts to fight valve and
    steam!

    "Your company has already made mistakes in the past. How can you be sure not
    to make another one this time? How many mistakes can you endure before the
    situation becomes LETHAL?"

    This person's writting is chilling. It almost sounds like either:

    A: Someone is going to commit sucide becauses of their programs.
    B: Someone is going to enter the Valve building with a sawed off shotgun
    because of their programs.
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    > "Seems to run horridly on lower end computers,
    > and especially ones withh voodoo cards, which need I remind anyone were top
    > of the line when half life originally debuted."

    Surely this is conclusive proof that he is taking the piss.

    HL sure ran good on my VooDoo Banshee and ran GREAT on my VooDoo
    5.....

    On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 00:37:45 +0000, Jamie_Manic <yeahbutno@slag.com>
    wrote:

    >> "Seems to run horridly on lower end computers,
    >> and especially ones withh voodoo cards, which need I remind anyone were top
    >> of the line when half life originally debuted."
    >
    >Surely this is conclusive proof that he is taking the piss.

    "By our efforts, we have lit a fire as well --
    a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
    who feel its power, it burns those who fight
    its progress, and one day this untamed fire
    of freedom will reach the darkest corners
    of our world."

    George Bush - Second inaugural speech
  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "Peter Lykkegaard" <polonline@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "Shawk" wrote
    >>>
    >>> That page contains a link for buying HL2 via Steam.
    >>
    >> Lol, Excellent.
    >>
    > I love this one:
    >
    > "Steam is just violently bad. Seems to run horridly on lower end
    > computers, and especially ones withh voodoo cards, which need I remind
    > anyone were top of the line when half life originally debuted."
    >
    > OMFG

    God damn, I can't run the new version of Sid Meier's Pirates! on my 286 that
    was top of the line when the original came out!

    WTF Firaxis??

  9. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    On Sat, 05 Feb 2005, "OldDog" wrote:

    <snip>

    ok, i'll not comment on your remarks but only want to add this
    you are stubborn and unfortunately pro-steam but one thing you are not
    is being coward like the steam lover bunch are

    look at what they did, they followed up cutting the real link and trying
    to focus the attention on another thing...
    they are really trying hard to distract every one so the issue is not
    discussed here
    manipulation is the word

    at least you are not a coward like they are
    the steam lover are cowards! so you have my respect for dealing with
    the issues without running away

    --
    post made in a steam-free computer
    i said "NO" to valve and steam

    Against Steam Campaign
    http://nosteam.afterdarknet.at/

    steamwatch - independent observatory about steam
    http://www.steamwatch.org/

  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    StreetMedic wrote:

    > However, in Steam's case, sufficiently computer-literate people are
    > shelling out hard-earned dollars for product that simply will not work for
    > them because of a contrived, unpredictable, quirky, and broken registration
    > system.

    If that were the case, HL2 wouldn't be selling so well.
    --
    Noman
  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "Noman" <no_m_an@zzzyahoo.yycom> wrote in message
    > StreetMedic wrote:
    >
    >> However, in Steam's case, sufficiently computer-literate people are
    >> shelling out hard-earned dollars for product that simply will not work
    >> for them because of a contrived, unpredictable, quirky, and broken
    >> registration system.
    >
    > If that were the case, HL2 wouldn't be selling so well.
    > --
    > Noman

    Noman,

    Look, I'm not going to debate the pros/cons of Steam. I believe I made
    my points clearly enough in that regard.

    However, yours seems to me to be a specious argument. Certainly, a
    prospective/hopeful HL2 player doesn't know he is going to have issues
    running the product appropriately until the purchase has *already* been
    made. A sale's a sale, whether the thing works or not when you get it home.

    And, for the record, I'm *glad* HL2 is selling well. Please don't
    confuse my *opinion* that Steam will fall flat on its face with my *hoping*
    that it does so. I don't.

    S-M
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    > On Sat, 05 Feb 2005, "OldDog" wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > ok, i'll not comment on your remarks but only want to add this
    > you are stubborn and unfortunately pro-steam but one thing you are not
    > is being coward like the steam lover bunch are
    >
    > look at what they did, they followed up cutting the real link and trying
    > to focus the attention on another thing...
    > they are really trying hard to distract every one so the issue is not
    > discussed here
    > manipulation is the word
    >
    > at least you are not a coward like they are
    > the steam lover are cowards! so you have my respect for dealing with
    > the issues without running away

    [Politeness on]
    Could you please stop calling people names?
    [Politeness off]

    Cause you only lower yourself when you restort to name calling. It shows
    that you can't express yourself adequately.

    As to being a coward, what's there to be afraid of with Steam? Are you
    afraid that all games are going to go Steam and you won't have anything left
    to play with? In that case, you would be the one that has something to be
    afraid of.

    ps If you really feel the need for name calling, then feel free to send
    them my way. I'll just add them to my list; stubborn, steam lover,
    pro-steam, coward, stupid, dumb, dumber, dumbest, ....
  13. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    StreetMedic wrote:

    > However, yours seems to me to be a specious argument. Certainly, a
    > prospective/hopeful HL2 player doesn't know he is going to have issues
    > running the product appropriately until the purchase has *already* been
    > made. A sale's a sale, whether the thing works or not when you get it home.

    This is true of all SW.

    Less so for Steam/HL2 of course because there is quite a huge demo to
    play and test the system.
  14. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    StreetMedic wrote:
    I simply don't care how well Steam works for "most people". Even *one*
    > individual out $50-$70 under such dubious circumstances is one too many.
    > Sure, it's not my cash p!ssed away *this* time, but it may very be when HL3
    > rolls around.

    Snigger. So, Mr Medic, what your opinion, say, of an electronic device
    such as a DVD player which doesnt work out of the box? Sony are evil &
    retarded?

    Even I would concur that HL2/Steam is not 110% perfect : unlike your
    goodself no doubt.
  15. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    difool wrote:

    > i already told you i know i've lowered my writing extremely by
    throwing
    > back the insults... but there is no way we can go back... the damage
    is
    > done... blame valve! its all valve fault!
    > we are too far apart! this is war! no way you can run away now!

    [sfx: stirring patriotic music]

    DIFOOL : Never in the field of FPS gaming has so much been done by so
    few to so many!
    We will fight them on the beaches! We will fight them on the coast
    road! We will fight them in Ravenholme!
    I have a dream, that one day little Counter-Strike boys will be able to
    lay down covering fire next to little Counter-Strike girls in a
    Steam-free world! I have a dream!
  16. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Peter Lykkegaard wrote:

    > "Shawk" wrote
    >
    >>>That page contains a link for buying HL2 via Steam.
    >>
    >>Lol, Excellent.
    >>

    > I love this one:
    >
    > "Steam is just violently bad. Seems to run horridly on lower end computers,
    > and especially ones withh voodoo cards, which need I remind anyone were top
    > of the line when half life originally debuted."

    Hell my old Banshee caught on fire when I tried to run HL2...I should
    SUE VALVE!
  17. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "Walter Mitty" <mitticus@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > StreetMedic wrote:
    > I simply don't care how well Steam works for "most people". Even *one*
    >> individual out $50-$70 under such dubious circumstances is one too many.
    >> Sure, it's not my cash p!ssed away *this* time, but it may very be when
    >> HL3 rolls around.
    >>

    > Snigger. So, Mr Medic, what your opinion, say, of an electronic device
    > such as a DVD player which doesnt work out of the box? Sony are evil &
    > retarded?

    "Sniggers" back to you... Yah, that's exactly what I said. Sony "are
    evil & retarded" when a DVD player doesn't work. Sure. That's exactly what
    I said. Verbatim. Whatever makes you happy. But using loaded language
    like that neither makes your point stronger, nor weakens mine.

    > Even I would concur that HL2/Steam is not 110% perfect : unlike your
    > goodself no doubt.

    Dude... what? Are you alright? I missed the part in post where I said
    I was 110% perfect. Would you mind pointing it out...

    I thought so. Let me use your same approach: So if *you* drink Coke,
    then I "are evil & retarded" if I happen to mention I like Pepsi here? Is
    that it?

    If you decide you want to have a level-headed discussion on the matter,
    by all means, try again. Until then I'm not even going to address the
    "points" you make directly. (Hmm... I suppose that probably means I
    *can't*, huh?)

    Good day, Wally,

    S-M
  18. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    difool wrote:

    > i already told you i know i've lowered my writing extremely by
    > throwing back the insults... but there is no way we can go back...
    > the damage is done... blame valve! its all valve fault!
    > we are too far apart! this is war! no way you can run away now!

    "This is everyone's fault but mine."-Homer Simpson.
  19. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    My real main gripe with Steam is... it obviously was made to stop
    piracy, yet, only 2 days after HL2 was release, people with pirated
    copies could play whenever and wherever they wanted, with or without
    internet connection, while the rest of us have to cope with the extra
    burden (small or big, it's still a burden, and the reaction they got
    for it, let's face it, hasn't been that good).
    If you're going to make things harder for your normal buyers, make sure
    it serves its purpose
  20. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    StreetMedic wrote:
    > "Walter Mitty" <mitticus@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    >
    >>StreetMedic wrote:
    >> I simply don't care how well Steam works for "most people". Even *one*
    >>
    >>>individual out $50-$70 under such dubious circumstances is one too many.
    >>>Sure, it's not my cash p!ssed away *this* time, but it may very be when
    >>>HL3 rolls around.
    >>>

    >>Snigger. So, Mr Medic, what your opinion, say, of an electronic device
    >>such as a DVD player which doesnt work out of the box? Sony are evil &
    >>retarded?
    >

    > "Sniggers" back to you... Yah, that's exactly what I said. Sony "are
    > evil & retarded" when a DVD player doesn't work. Sure. That's exactly what
    > I said. Verbatim. Whatever makes you happy. But using loaded language
    > like that neither makes your point stronger, nor weakens mine.

    Its called a parallel - look it up. Your inane waffling about "potential
    issues" is sorry reading indeed.
  21. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    > StreetMedic wrote:
    >> "Walter Mitty" <mitticus@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>StreetMedic wrote:
    >>> I simply don't care how well Steam works for "most people". Even *one*

    >>>Snigger. So, Mr Medic, what your opinion, say, of an electronic device
    >>>such as a DVD player which doesnt work out of the box? Sony are evil &
    >>>retarded?
    >>

    >> "Sniggers" back to you... Yah, that's exactly what I said. Sony "are
    >> evil & retarded" when a DVD player doesn't work. Sure. That's exactly
    >> what I said. Verbatim. Whatever makes you happy. But using loaded
    >> language like that neither makes your point stronger, nor weakens mine.
    >>

    > Its called a parallel - look it up. Your inane waffling about "potential
    > issues" is sorry reading indeed.

    Huh? So much for that level-headed discussion I asked for. Dude,
    what's with you? Are you simply *incapable* of posting anything without
    needling? Jeezuss, talk about "sorry reading"...

    I know what a "parallel" is, thank you. And your specious, exaggerated
    analogy, to which you're referring, doesn't qualify. But you knew that
    already... If all you can offer by way of "friendly discussion" is the
    Usenet equivalent of sticking your tongue out at me, don't bother.

    And who's "waffling"? Some people getting stuck with software that
    doesn't work, and which can't be returned, is a lousy situation. I'm sorry
    if you don't agree that people being out their hard-earned cash is a bummer,
    but it seems you don't. I do.

    You "parallel" that with the initial-failure of a DVD player, which any
    chain store will refund or even-exchange in a minute. You darn well know
    that's not a valid comparison.

    I daresay if it was *you* that had a refractory, unusable combination of
    Steam, HL2, and online registration with which *you* were unsuccessfully
    wrestling, you'd be much less blase on the matter.

    As it so happens, *my* Steam account's working. My installation went
    smoothly. HL2 and HL Source run flawlessly. But if this business model
    *is* going to be the wave of the future, yeah, I'm a wee bit concerned.
    Maybe the next Steam app *won't* install, decrypt, register, all as
    intended. Maybe my next gaming platform *won't* play nice-nice with all of
    these contrivances and I won't be able to run them anymore. In a strange
    catch-22, because there is no plan for redistributable updates, you can't
    even *patch* it until you get it *working*. What?

    Don't misunderstand: I jumped into this thread, in the first place,
    saying that I think some people are being a bit too melodramatic regarding
    Steam. Some people *are* being a bit hypercritical methinks. I, for one,
    *don't* believe the virtual sky is falling. But when I do float some
    legitimate concerns and you rudely dismiss them out-of-hand as "waffling
    about 'potential issues'", well, forgive me for saying so, but it sounds
    Pollyannaish.

    PC gamers have gotten pretty cynical about getting things to run well on
    their machines (what was all that business about "plug-and pray" a few years
    back?) but the fact is, a lot of people optimistic enough to make a future
    purchase of a Steam-powered game are going to be doing it with their fingers
    crossed. That needs to be remedied.

    Sorry if we don't see eye-to-eye there.

    S-M
  22. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    In article <eOqdnVz0jqrp75ffRVn-pg@comcast.com>, James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> wrote:

    >On a side note, IMHO, Steam is not copy protection so much as a way to
    >make online play more accessible and fun...

    Then it shouldn't be required for offline single-player play.
  23. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Jeff wrote:

    > In article <eOqdnVz0jqrp75ffRVn-pg@comcast.com>, James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> wrote:
    >

    >>On a side note, IMHO, Steam is not copy protection so much as a way to
    >>make online play more accessible and fun...
    >

    > Then it shouldn't be required for offline single-player play.

    I donno....It only activates once and after that you can play offline to
    your hearts content. I don't see a problem with that.
  24. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    James Garvin wrote:

    > I donno....It only activates once and after that you can play offline to
    > your hearts content. I don't see a problem with that.

    The year TurboTax required online activation of their
    software was the year they lost most of their customers.
    They had enough trouble with it that they went back
    to not having it next year. Despite that, some former
    customers never went back to TurboTax.

    Gamers aren't the same as the non-gaming public, so
    they may put up with more - especially those who play
    online games. But introducing online activation was
    the best thing TurboTax could have done for their
    competitors.
  25. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    mrlg wrote:

    > James Garvin wrote:
    >

    >> I donno....It only activates once and after that you can play offline
    >> to your hearts content. I don't see a problem with that.
    >

    > The year TurboTax required online activation of their
    > software was the year they lost most of their customers.
    > They had enough trouble with it that they went back
    > to not having it next year. Despite that, some former
    > customers never went back to TurboTax.

    It I had griefers, lamers, and cheaters ruining my online fun with
    TurboTax, online registration is great...oh wait...these are apples and
    oranges....

    > Gamers aren't the same as the non-gaming public, so
    > they may put up with more - especially those who play
    > online games. But introducing online activation was
    > the best thing TurboTax could have done for their
    > competitors.

    Kinda...but really the online activation for a game is a boon for
    multiplayer and doesn't detract at all from SP.
  26. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    James Garvin wrote:
    > mrlg wrote:
    >> Gamers aren't the same as the non-gaming public, so
    >> they may put up with more - especially those who play
    >> online games. But introducing online activation was
    >> the best thing TurboTax could have done for their
    >> competitors.
    >

    > Kinda...but really the online activation for a game is a boon for
    > multiplayer and doesn't detract at all from SP.

    For multiplayer I can see why it wouldn't be a problem.
    No one expects multiplayer games to work without a
    fast net connection. No one expects multiplayer games
    to continue working if the company goes out of business
    or decides the game is to old to bother supporting
    anymore. Not needing the CD in the drive is an
    advantage. The problems with not being able
    to select the patch that works the best for
    you can probably be fixed.

    But there have been enough gripes from people who
    have problems with online activation - not just with
    it working smoothly but with the whole concept of being
    dependent on an internet connection to use the software -
    that you can't say it doesn't detract at all from it.

    People complained about TurboTax,even though that was ONLY
    an activation and didn't involve downloading a bunch of
    extra files. And TurboTax isn't even something people might
    want to reuse 5 or 10 years down the road, the way people
    might want to replay a favorite old game. If TurboTax
    went belly up or stopped supporting their old versions
    (which they probably have already), no one would care.
    But even for that one-time activation for software they
    would only be using until they got that year's taxes done,
    the online activation was too much. Don't underestimate
    the average persons' resistance to this sort of thing.

    Most gamers don't use newsgroups. Instead of coming
    here complaining about online activation, they'll simply
    make sure any game they buy in the future doesn't have
    the same problem before buying.
  27. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    StreetMedic wrote:

    > And who's "waffling"? Some people getting stuck with software that
    > doesn't work, and which can't be returned, is a lousy situation. I'm sorry
    > if you don't agree that people being out their hard-earned cash is a bummer,
    > but it seems you don't. I do.

    I have no idea what you're talking about. Of course I don't think its ok
    to be out of pocket. Where did I suggest otherwise? The fact that I
    accept that in the real world products can, and do, fail is the issue here.

    You really are a waffler.
  28. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    > StreetMedic wrote:
    >
    >> And who's "waffling"? Some people getting stuck with software that
    >> doesn't work, and which can't be returned, is a lousy situation. I'm
    >> sorry if you don't agree that people being out their hard-earned cash is
    >> a bummer, but it seems you don't. I do.
    >>

    > I have no idea what you're talking about. Of course I don't think its ok
    > to be out of pocket. Where did I suggest otherwise? The fact that I accept
    > that in the real world products can, and do, fail is the issue here.
    >
    > You really are a waffler.

    And you're a hopeless backpedaler, too.

    You poor thing...
  29. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    StreetMedic wrote:
    > "Walter Mitty" <mitticus@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    >
    >>StreetMedic wrote:
    >>

    >>> And who's "waffling"? Some people getting stuck with software that
    >>>doesn't work, and which can't be returned, is a lousy situation. I'm
    >>>sorry if you don't agree that people being out their hard-earned cash is
    >>>a bummer, but it seems you don't. I do.
    >>>

    >>I have no idea what you're talking about. Of course I don't think its ok
    >>to be out of pocket. Where did I suggest otherwise? The fact that I accept
    >>that in the real world products can, and do, fail is the issue here.
    >>
    >>You really are a waffler.
    >

    > And you're a hopeless backpedaler, too.
    >
    > You poor thing...

    Sometimes, Usenet terrifies me. WTF are you talking about?

    You have the optinion that of *One* person cant get (wait for it) HL3 to
    work then its the end of the world? (a) Its not released and (b) you're
    scare mongering.

    *plonk*

Games Steam IBM Video Games