GeCube ATi Radeon 9600 PRO info please

GeCube ATi Radeon 9600 PRO 256MB Encore Edition
new to this group looking for a card agp 8x to use instead of onboard
graphics .

has anyone any experience using this card

many thanks

rother

256mb is not worth the price for the performance. The difference between 128
and 256 is less than 2 fps in most modern games. Which means nothing. If you
can expand the budget to get a 9600xt or save some cash and get a 9600 pro
128mb. I personally have a 9600pro and its not half bad.

It also depends on what games you play, as a cheap 9800 card (not 9800se)
might give you better performance in some games instead of the 9600 for
more cash.

Or wait till you have more money and buy a better card i would reccomend a
6600GT(nivida) and that way you won't have to upgrade for a while.

and finally if your processor isn't fast enough either upgrade (p4 3ghz or
amd 64)or get a new machine. Cause otherwise you will never feel the full
effect of your purchase.

hope that helped

"rother" <dylon@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
> GeCube ATi Radeon 9600 PRO 256MB Encore Edition
> new to this group looking for a card agp 8x to use instead of onboard
> graphics .
>
> has anyone any experience using this card
>
> many thanks
>
> rother

Veritech
that is very usefull i have the same view from some review re 128 over 256,
but if the price of the card is £ 70 the 9600 pro 128 has tobe alot
cheaper if not it surely doesnot matter.
with the card does it not matter who the maher is just the chip
"Veritech" <avis.dalrymple@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> 256mb is not worth the price for the performance. The difference between
> 128 and 256 is less than 2 fps in most modern games. Which means nothing.
> If you can expand the budget to get a 9600xt or save some cash and get a
> 9600 pro 128mb. I personally have a 9600pro and its not half bad.
>
> It also depends on what games you play, as a cheap 9800 card (not 9800se)
> might give you better performance in some games instead of the 9600 for
> more cash.
>
> Or wait till you have more money and buy a better card i would reccomend a
> 6600GT(nivida) and that way you won't have to upgrade for a while.
>
> and finally if your processor isn't fast enough either upgrade (p4 3ghz or
> amd 64)or get a new machine. Cause otherwise you will never feel the full
> effect of your purchase.
>
> hope that helped
>
> "rother" <dylon@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
>> GeCube ATi Radeon 9600 PRO 256MB Encore Edition
>> new to this group looking for a card agp 8x to use instead of onboard
>> graphics .
>>
>> has anyone any experience using this card
>>
>> many thanks
>>
>> rother

"rother" <dylon@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
> GeCube ATi Radeon 9600 PRO 256MB Encore Edition
> new to this group looking for a card agp 8x to use instead of onboard
> graphics .
>
> has anyone any experience using this card

yes, I have this card - a great DX7 performer but lousy at DX8,9
provided u have a 333FSB and 1 gig DDR3200 this card runs Doom3 and Far Cry
at high detail level smoothly.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0509-3, 01/03/2005
Tested on: 3/03/2005 1:33:25 PM

Daniel

rother wrote:
> GeCube ATi Radeon 9600 PRO 256MB Encore Edition
> new to this group looking for a card agp 8x to use instead of onboard
> graphics .
>
> has anyone any experience using this card
>
> many thanks
>
> rother

The GeCube 9600 Pro Encore is a "budget" 9600 Pro (I think Encore is
sort of their budget brand).

Memory runs @ 400Mhz. R9600 Pro reference design specifies memory @ 600Mhz.

In fact, I've noticed a couple of other manufacturers who sell crippled
R9600 Pro's as well - PowerColor (Bravo Edition is the "normal" fast
version), Sapphire (Advantage Editions run memory @ 446Mhz).

So, it always pays to check the following three specs (which is getting
harder these days; I've noticed a number of manufacturers are starting
to hide the *important* specs from their product sheets):
* GPU core speed
* Memory speed
* Memory bandwidth (64-bit *ouch*, 128-bit, or 256-bit)

There's also the number of pixel pipelines, however, AFAIK none of the
manufacturers tweak that number (based on the reference design).