9550 component out

I built an HTPC using a Radeon 9550 card and the ATI component adapter,
running under XP Media Edition. The adapter is connected to the DVI output
and feeds my JVC projection HDTV. Looks good.

The problem is that whenever XP boots, the ATI Displays setting reverts to
TV, which somehow goes out the DVI output and displays on the TV in an ugly
640x480 setting. I can always go to the ATI Displays and pick component out
display and the screen then looks fine. Is there ANY way to get this to
default to component out?

SL

I had a 9500 pro, I assume its quite similar. But I never used the
Hydravision after the first few months. I believe that may be your answer.
Its part of the whole MMC software that has come with all the Ati cards Ive
purchased. They should have more info at Ati's website on that.

worth a check at least.

sl