  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 6, 2004 8:01:42 AM

My first digital camera wow, makes taking pictures more fun, always hated
getting film developed, plus who wants strangers seeing your likes.

More about : canon

May 12, 2004 1:51:04 AM

only thing I hated about this camera is the 3.2 mp.

Anyone knows if Canon is going to make the same camera with more mp ?

tx
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 12, 2004 8:59:35 PM

Chuck typed:

> only thing I hated about this camera is the 3.2 mp.
>
> Anyone knows if Canon is going to make the same camera with more mp ?
>
> tx

Why? Do you intend to make large posters?
Only thing to really hate in this camera is low-light focusing (or should i
say, non-focusing). And the lack of AF-assist lamp. This is really
shamefull. Even smaller, cheaper Canon's do have it...
Related resources
May 12, 2004 8:59:36 PM

yes , I want to print posters.

I didnt knew about the lack of an AF assist lamp.

I dont want this camera anymore.

What digital camera has at least 8x zoom with Image Stabilized with more
than 3mp and has an af lamp ?

tx
May 12, 2004 8:59:36 PM

Stupid Canon. All I wanted was a A80 with the IS. NOOOO, they had to
downgraded an almorst perfect cam ...
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 12, 2004 11:57:40 PM

Minolta A1 or A2?

"Chuck" <noosspam8@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> yes , I want to print posters.
>
> I didnt knew about the lack of an AF assist lamp.
>
> I dont want this camera anymore.
>
> What digital camera has at least 8x zoom with Image Stabilized with more
> than 3mp and has an af lamp ?
>
> tx

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 13, 2004 1:03:43 AM

Chuck typed:

> yes , I want to print posters.
>
> I didnt knew about the lack of an AF assist lamp.
>
> I dont want this camera anymore.
>
> What digital camera has at least 8x zoom with Image Stabilized with
> more than 3mp and has an af lamp ?
>
> tx

Decent one? None. Olympus also doesn't have AF lamp, Minolta Dimage with 10x
zoom has terrible night shots, etc.
But, until now i really didn't have too much problems with low-light focus.
Mainly it's a problem when shooting indoors at low light. For this i use
small hand laser pointer. But Image stabilizer has almost none of the
cameras. I think one model has mechanical one, but don't know which one.
Still, this camera is well worthed to buy. Makes great shots, easy to
handle, Stabilizer is a bomb. In fact, without it it would be impossible to
shoot with big zoom from hand. Just impossible, except with 1/500 or 1/1000
shutter speed.
May 14, 2004 3:51:51 AM

your working for Canon or what ? A80 is the best 3x on the market. Why not
just make a A80 with 10x and with IS ? Sounds good to me ...

I wont use a 10x with no IS without a tripod. And I dont want to carry a
tripod (Im in the mountains most of the time). Also, dont you like the
AF-assist lamp ? I like it a lot !

So why am I stupid again ?
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 15, 2004 12:58:31 AM

Chuck typed:

> your working for Canon or what ?

If i'd work for Canon, i'd know more specific details, would i?

>A80 is the best 3x on the market.

Could be. Never had it, so i can't tell. But then, it's just a matter of
taste and what you need... Also if it's 3x, it really doesn't need IS
function.

> Why not just make a A80 with 10x and with IS ? Sounds good to me ...
>
> I wont use a 10x with no IS without a tripod.

You mean you CAN'T use it? I agree with you here - totally.

> And I dont want to carry a tripod (Im in the mountains most of the time).

Also, dont you
> like the AF-assist lamp ? I like it a lot !

I already told that Lack of this lamp is stupid.

> So why am I stupid again ?

Hmmm...let me think...maybe because you want old camera to be
modified...Every few years models go out and new come. If A80 was so good, i
bet there's a new model which is even better. Or maybe it will be. No model
usually have it all. Always there's some thing missing, or we would like it
to be there, but it isn't. Unfortunately...Like S1, which is good camera, if
only would have lamp and better low light focusing...
I guess we want hi-class functions for low class price...
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 25, 2004 3:29:19 PM

I love my S1 IS. Great pictures, excellent movies. simple to operate.
!