Just a quick rave for ASUS Support

Truck

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2002

Hi all, just wanted to share a positive experience with ASUS real
quick. Back on 2-24-05 I noticed some very strange noises coming from
the computer so after getting the case off it was quickly noticed that
the fan nearest the external power connector was failing (tight and
occasionally would stop).

A quick call to ASUS and providing them with the model and serial
number got the RMA person to send out a replacement heatsink/fan
assembly that very day at no charge (since ASUS video cards come with
a 3 year warranty). I received those parts today and all is well
again.

Just a quick tip of the hat to them for giving no hassles whatsoever
in regards to sending out a replacement unit straight away and they
were VERY pleasant to boot.

Wil

"Truck" <noemail@thisho.use> wrote in message
> Hi all, just wanted to share a positive experience with ASUS real
> quick. Back on 2-24-05 I noticed some very strange noises coming from
> the computer so after getting the case off it was quickly noticed that
> the fan nearest the external power connector was failing (tight and
> occasionally would stop).
>
> A quick call to ASUS and providing them with the model and serial
> number got the RMA person to send out a replacement heatsink/fan
> assembly that very day at no charge (since ASUS video cards come with
> a 3 year warranty). I received those parts today and all is well
> again.
>
> Just a quick tip of the hat to them for giving no hassles whatsoever
> in regards to sending out a replacement unit straight away and they
> were VERY pleasant to boot.
>
> Wil

It's always good to hear of a positive experience and it's great to see that
all is well with the replacement fan!

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 16:57:04 -0500, Truck <noemail@thisho.use> wrote:

>Hi all, just wanted to share a positive experience with ASUS real
>quick. Back on 2-24-05 I noticed some very strange noises coming from
>the computer so after getting the case off it was quickly noticed that
>the fan nearest the external power connector was failing (tight and
>occasionally would stop).
>
>A quick call to ASUS and providing them with the model and serial
>number got the RMA person to send out a replacement heatsink/fan
>assembly that very day at no charge (since ASUS video cards come with
>a 3 year warranty). I received those parts today and all is well
>again.
>
>Just a quick tip of the hat to them for giving no hassles whatsoever
>in regards to sending out a replacement unit straight away and they
>were VERY pleasant to boot.
>
>Wil

Good for you. They wouldn't send me a replacement NB fan when I
requested it. They expected me to dismatle my PC and pay to ship the
whole freaking mb back to them. Next mb won't be Abit because of this
experience.

Mike

Splendid

You wanted Asus to send you a fan for your abit board?

"Connected" <connected@here.somewhere> wrote in message
> On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 16:57:04 -0500, Truck <noemail@thisho.use> wrote:
>
>>Hi all, just wanted to share a positive experience with ASUS real
>>quick. Back on 2-24-05 I noticed some very strange noises coming from
>>the computer so after getting the case off it was quickly noticed that
>>the fan nearest the external power connector was failing (tight and
>>occasionally would stop).
>>
>>A quick call to ASUS and providing them with the model and serial
>>number got the RMA person to send out a replacement heatsink/fan
>>assembly that very day at no charge (since ASUS video cards come with
>>a 3 year warranty). I received those parts today and all is well
>>again.
>>
>>Just a quick tip of the hat to them for giving no hassles whatsoever
>>in regards to sending out a replacement unit straight away and they
>>were VERY pleasant to boot.
>>
>>Wil
>>

> Good for you. They wouldn't send me a replacement NB fan when I
> requested it. They expected me to dismatle my PC and pay to ship the
> whole freaking mb back to them. Next mb won't be Abit because of this
> experience.

lostsoul

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2003

LMAO
"Mike" <mikepos1@YAHOO.COM> wrote in message
> You wanted Asus to send you a fan for your abit board?
>
> "Connected" <connected@here.somewhere> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 16:57:04 -0500, Truck <noemail@thisho.use> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi all, just wanted to share a positive experience with ASUS real
>>>quick. Back on 2-24-05 I noticed some very strange noises coming from
>>>the computer so after getting the case off it was quickly noticed that
>>>the fan nearest the external power connector was failing (tight and
>>>occasionally would stop).
>>>
>>>A quick call to ASUS and providing them with the model and serial
>>>number got the RMA person to send out a replacement heatsink/fan
>>>assembly that very day at no charge (since ASUS video cards come with
>>>a 3 year warranty). I received those parts today and all is well
>>>again.
>>>
>>>Just a quick tip of the hat to them for giving no hassles whatsoever
>>>in regards to sending out a replacement unit straight away and they
>>>were VERY pleasant to boot.
>>>
>>>Wil
>>>

>> Good for you. They wouldn't send me a replacement NB fan when I
>> requested it. They expected me to dismatle my PC and pay to ship the
>> whole freaking mb back to them. Next mb won't be Abit because of this
>> experience.

Asus support kicks major ass. Thats why they are the best mobo manufacturer
in the world. Its a great business decision to have great support in order
to retain repeat customers who upgrade their mobos every few years. I blew
up my mobo from overclocking and Asus sent me a brand new one in 5 days. I
am an Asus customer for life.

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 17:40:55 -0800, Connected
<connected@here.somewhere> wrote:

>Good for you. They wouldn't send me a replacement NB fan when I
>requested it. They expected me to dismatle my PC and pay to ship the
>whole freaking mb back to them. Next mb won't be Abit because of this
>experience.

Ooops, you're talking Asus and I'm talking Abit. Hehe. My second PC is
an Asus and it doesn't have a NB fan - good thing too.

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 03:18:49 GMT, "Mike" <mikepos1@YAHOO.COM> wrote:

>You wanted Asus to send you a fan for your abit board?

Yep, you bet! ;-)

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 09:46:56 -0800, "SanDiegoFunkDaddy"
<nospam@email.com> wrote:

>Asus support kicks major ass. Thats why they are the best mobo manufacturer
>in the world. Its a great business decision to have great support in order
>to retain repeat customers who upgrade their mobos every few years. I blew
>up my mobo from overclocking and Asus sent me a brand new one in 5 days. I
>am an Asus customer for life.

Yea, I made a mistake and started ragging on Asus because I thought
the OP had said Abit. Haha. I shorted my Asus P4B533 and Asus fixed it
for free. Good company that Asus. I have an Abit IC7 too and they
wouldn't send me a NB replacement fan when it started making grinding
noises. Yet I hear for Euro customers they do - pissed me right off.

Mike

Splendid

Yes, btw my brother bought an asus video card a couple years back and got
excellent support regarding the installation and settings for it. They were
far more patient with him than I was.

Mike

> Yes, btw my brother bought an asus video card a couple years back and got
> excellent support regarding the installation and settings for it. They
> were far more patient with him than I was.

Heh, I think we've all been there at one point or another when it comes to
showing patience (or lack thereof) with other users. :)