IE Autocomplete has problems. Please help.

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, but I'm trying to figure out how this is possible:

I use Windows XP home and in my IE, when I use google or yahoo and I type
certain letters, there are websites and keywords that were never typed in or
searched for that show up as if someone had typed or searched for those
things.

I'm the only person that has access to my home computer and I know for a
fact that I did not search, or entered any of those keywords into any form.
I'm wondering if there is any trojan or virus out there that can be
populating my yahoo/google autocomplete forms with weird keywords?

I'm not sure what to do. It started yesterday. I know how to erase
everything, but I was wondering if anyone had an explanation for this?

I've already ran Spybot Search and Destroy, but it only found cookies...
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about autocomplete problems help

    To make sure your computer is freee of spyware/trojans you should be running
    more than one antispyware program if parasites are not detected by one, the
    others will detect it.. it's good practice to have at least Spybot S&D and
    Adaware SE.. also Install SpywareBlaster to prevent infections by activex
    based spyware and CWShredder is specially made to delete CoolWebSearch
    hijackers.

    Aso go to http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml and download the standalone
    ..exe version of "Startup Control Panel" and run it.. normal running
    processes are the antivirus and Microsoft Office these are easily
    identifiable by the icons.. any other unidentified process found in any of
    the tabs, should be considered suspicious and deleted... This little
    application is very practical to delete spyware from msconfig and the
    windows registry that would otherwise have to be deleted by hand in the
    event antispyware programs should fail to detect/delete them.

    Adaware SE Personal
    Spybot Search & Destroy
    SpywareBlaster
    CWShredder
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html

    All antispyware programs should be updated before scanning the system and if
    necessary run in safe mode for more efficient removal of difficult spyware.

    ------------------------------------
    "Mambo_jambo" <Mambo_jambo@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm new to the forum, but I'm trying to figure out how this is possible:
    >
    > I use Windows XP home and in my IE, when I use google or yahoo and I type
    > certain letters, there are websites and keywords that were never typed in
    or
    > searched for that show up as if someone had typed or searched for those
    > things.
    >
    > I'm the only person that has access to my home computer and I know for a
    > fact that I did not search, or entered any of those keywords into any
    form.
    > I'm wondering if there is any trojan or virus out there that can be
    > populating my yahoo/google autocomplete forms with weird keywords?
    >
    > I'm not sure what to do. It started yesterday. I know how to erase
    > everything, but I was wondering if anyone had an explanation for this?
    >
    > I've already ran Spybot Search and Destroy, but it only found cookies...
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

Internet Explorer Windows XP