IE Autocomplete has problems. Please help.

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, but I'm trying to figure out how this is possible:

I use Windows XP home and in my IE, when I use google or yahoo and I type
certain letters, there are websites and keywords that were never typed in or
searched for that show up as if someone had typed or searched for those
things.

I'm the only person that has access to my home computer and I know for a
fact that I did not search, or entered any of those keywords into any form.
I'm wondering if there is any trojan or virus out there that can be
populating my yahoo/google autocomplete forms with weird keywords?

I'm not sure what to do. It started yesterday. I know how to erase
everything, but I was wondering if anyone had an explanation for this?

I've already ran Spybot Search and Destroy, but it only found cookies...
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Juan

Distinguished
May 5, 2003

To make sure your computer is freee of spyware/trojans you should be running
more than one antispyware program if parasites are not detected by one, the
others will detect it.. it's good practice to have at least Spybot S&D and
Adaware SE.. also Install SpywareBlaster to prevent infections by activex
based spyware and CWShredder is specially made to delete CoolWebSearch
hijackers.

Aso go to http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml and download the standalone
..exe version of "Startup Control Panel" and run it.. normal running
processes are the antivirus and Microsoft Office these are easily
identifiable by the icons.. any other unidentified process found in any of
the tabs, should be considered suspicious and deleted... This little
application is very practical to delete spyware from msconfig and the
windows registry that would otherwise have to be deleted by hand in the
event antispyware programs should fail to detect/delete them.

Adaware SE Personal
Spybot Search & Destroy
SpywareBlaster
CWShredder
http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html

All antispyware programs should be updated before scanning the system and if
necessary run in safe mode for more efficient removal of difficult spyware.