Screen freezes

I have the ATI Wonder 9800 and I installed all new drivers, also using MMC
9.03. The installation went well, but when running the TV after a few
minutes the screen/computer freezes, then goes black but the sound stays on.
I then have to manually reboot.
Any ideas was causes that? I don't remember having this problem with 8.xx

Thanks