computer.What should i do so that way i can reboot my computer.

From: "Ramouzzy88" <Ramouzzy88@discussions.microsoft.com>

| i have been able to reboot my computer before but when i go to install
| windows xp so that way i can reboot my computer, it says that the version on
| the windows xp cd is older then what i have on m computer. The thing is, is
| that i need to reboot to get rid of a virus that was downloaded onto my
| computer.What should i do so that way i can reboot my computer.

The problem is you may have WinXP SP2 on the PC and the CDROM is WinXP or WinXP SP1.

Dump the contents of the IE Temporary Internet Folder cache (TIF)
Start --> Settings --> Control Panel --> Internet Options --> Delete Files

Dump the contents of the Mozilla FireFox Cache { if you use FireFox }
Tools --> Options --> Privacy --> Cache --> Clear

Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --

http://kixtart.org Kixtart is CareWare } two batch files, four Kixtart scripts, one Link
(.LNK) file, this PDF instruction file and two utilities; UNZIP.EXE and WGET.EXE. It will
simplify the process of using up to 3 different Anti Virus Command Line Scanners to remove
viruses and various other malware.

way all the components can be downloaded from each AV vendor’s web site.
On Win9x/ME the choices are; Trend, McAfee, Exit the menu and Reboot the PC
On NT4, Win2k, WinXP and Win2003 Server the choices are; Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Exit the
menu and Reboot the PC.

file.

Choose; Unzip
Choose; Close

Execute; C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT

NOTE: You may have to disable your software FireWall or allow WGET.EXE and/or FTP.EXE to go
through your FireWall to allow them to download the needed AV vendor related files.

Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Ramouzzy88 wrote:
> i have been able to reboot my computer before but when i go to install
> windows xp so that way i can reboot my computer, it says that the
> version on the windows xp cd is older then what i have on m computer.
> The thing is, is that i need to reboot to get rid of a virus that was
> downloaded onto my computer.What should i do so that way i can reboot
> my computer.

I assume "reboot" must "reinstall".

If you perform a repair install, your installation media (CD) needs to
really be the same service pack level as your currently installed system.
You will likely need to create a new CD from the old one with SP2
slipstreamed/integrated into it. Something like "AutoStreamer" would assist
you in making this new CD from the old one.

Create a SP2 Slipstreamed Windows XP CD with Autostreamer
http://www.autopatcher.com/autostreamer.html

Perform a Repair installation
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315341

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

How far does it get when you try to boot it?

--
Jayso

"Ramouzzy88" <Ramouzzy88@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have been able to reboot my computer before but when i go to install
> windows xp so that way i can reboot my computer, it says that the version
> on
> the windows xp cd is older then what i have on m computer. The thing is,
> is
> that i need to reboot to get rid of a virus that was downloaded onto my
> computer.What should i do so that way i can reboot my computer.

i get to the first screen when i click the install windows butten a pop up
type of warning thing opens up and says that it cant complete the install
because the bersion of the disc is older than the version i have on my
computer

"Jayso" wrote:

> How far does it get when you try to boot it?
>
> --
> Jayso
>
> "Ramouzzy88" <Ramouzzy88@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i have been able to reboot my computer before but when i go to install
> > windows xp so that way i can reboot my computer, it says that the version
> > on
> > the windows xp cd is older then what i have on m computer. The thing is,
> > is
> > that i need to reboot to get rid of a virus that was downloaded onto my
> > computer.What should i do so that way i can reboot my computer.

The problem is that you have XP SP2 on your system and you are trying to
install XP(original) over it.
reboot means just restarting your system.........I believe what your trying
to do is reinstall.
Take the XP CD out of the CD tray and reboot...........
If your anti virus program told you to reboot it does not mean to reinstall.
Why are you trying to reinstall??
Did you run anti virus software which got rid of the virus and then told you
to reboot??
Are you trying to reinstall XP so that you can format the HD to get rid of
virus??
rebooting by itself does not get rid of a virus
reinstalling by itself does not get rid of a virus
????????????
peterk

the problem
>i get to the first screen when i click the install windows butten a pop up
> type of warning thing opens up and says that it cant complete the install
> because the bersion of the disc is older than the version i have on my
> computer
>
> "Jayso" wrote:
>
>> How far does it get when you try to boot it?
>>
>> --
>> Jayso
>>
>> "Ramouzzy88" <Ramouzzy88@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >i have been able to reboot my computer before but when i go to install
>> > windows xp so that way i can reboot my computer, it says that the
>> > version
>> > on
>> > the windows xp cd is older then what i have on m computer. The thing
>> > is,
>> > is
>> > that i need to reboot to get rid of a virus that was downloaded onto my
>> > computer.What should i do so that way i can reboot my computer.

i'm confused sorry mate, if you haven't already you should post this on the
Windows XP General forum

MVPs are more prominent on this forum