shared DVD drive.

Computers 1 &2 are XP pro SP2
Admin rights on both machines
#1 AIW Radon 9700 Pro MMC 9.1
connected to Big Screen TV

#2 ATI Radon 9550 256M Plus ATI Wonder MMC 9.1
in computer room 19" flat panel.

Both DVD quality capture
Both video files look good, but can not veiw or copy over the network.
ATI File viewer error "can not open file ***.mpg"
Windows Media player error "Access Denied!"
Copy error " Access Denied, Make sure disk is not full, write protected, of
file is not in use"

I CAN how ever connect via remote desktop to/from either machine and copy
the video files!
(Whats up with that?)

Any ideas?

Jimmy

TSMC wrote:
> Help, trying to share my captured videos between two computers at
> home.
> I can not view, or copy any files created with ATI MMC 9.1 over my
> home network.
>
> All other files and video captured via another source (ie Pinnicle
> Studio
> 9.3) CAN be viewed or copied.
> ATI video files that have been edited with Studio CAN be veiwed and
> copied. Also can veiw DVD image files on /from either computer using
> a virtual shared DVD drive.
>
> Computers 1 &2 are XP pro SP2
> Admin rights on both machines
> #1 AIW Radon 9700 Pro MMC 9.1
> connected to Big Screen TV
>

> #2 ATI Radon 9550 256M Plus ATI Wonder MMC 9.1
> in computer room 19" flat panel.
>
> Both DVD quality capture
> Both video files look good, but can not veiw or copy over the network.
> ATI File viewer error "can not open file ***.mpg"
> Windows Media player error "Access Denied!"
> Copy error " Access Denied, Make sure disk is not full, write
> protected, of file is not in use"
>
> I CAN how ever connect via remote desktop to/from either machine and
> copy the video files!
> (Whats up with that?)
>
> Any ideas?

Try another player.

J.

ATI file player
Adobe premeire
Studio 9.3
Ulead DVD moviefactory
Windows movie maker
windows media player
Real Player
Acdsee
Nero
Roxio
Winrar
Winzip
Windows explorer

All can open or copy ATI generated files on a LOCAL drive, but NONE can open
or copy an ATI generated file on a network drive.
Any file generated by another program works across the network!
If I open the ATI .mpg file with studio, and re-render it with no changes,
the new file WILL work over the network.

"Jimmy" <JimmyCliff@xemaps.com> wrote in message
> TSMC wrote:
> > Help, trying to share my captured videos between two computers at
> > home.
> > I can not view, or copy any files created with ATI MMC 9.1 over my
> > home network.

<<SNIP> >
> > I CAN how ever connect via remote desktop to/from either machine and
> > copy the video files!
> > (Whats up with that?)
> >
> > Any ideas?

> Try another player.
>
> J.

Jimmy

TSMC wrote:
> ATI file player
> Adobe premeire
> Studio 9.3
> Ulead DVD moviefactory
> Windows movie maker
> windows media player
> Real Player
> Acdsee
> Nero
> Roxio
> Winrar
> Winzip
> Windows explorer
>
> All can open or copy ATI generated files on a LOCAL drive, but NONE
> can open or copy an ATI generated file on a network drive.
> Any file generated by another program works across the network!
> If I open the ATI .mpg file with studio, and re-render it with no
> changes, the new file WILL work over the network.

Ok, I see. I had difficulties with Windows Media Player exclusively and
can't think of what would cause your difficulties otherwise. I'll see what
happens here and post back if I come up worth something.

Good Luck.

J.

Jimmy wrote:
> TSMC wrote:
>
>>ATI file player
>>Adobe premeire
>>Studio 9.3
>>Ulead DVD moviefactory
>>Windows movie maker
>>windows media player
>>Real Player
>>Acdsee
>>Nero
>>Roxio
>>Winrar
>>Winzip
>>Windows explorer
>>
>>All can open or copy ATI generated files on a LOCAL drive, but NONE
>>can open or copy an ATI generated file on a network drive.
>>Any file generated by another program works across the network!
>>If I open the ATI .mpg file with studio, and re-render it with no
>>changes, the new file WILL work over the network.

> Ok, I see. I had difficulties with Windows Media Player exclusively and
> can't think of what would cause your difficulties otherwise. I'll see what
> happens here and post back if I come up worth something.
>
> Good Luck.
>
> J.

How is the network drive formated? If it is FAT32 and not NTFS the file
size will be the problem.

both systems are NTFS (xp pro sp2)

Only having trouble with AIT generated files.
????

"Cqtip" <tkutchno@spamcomcast.net> wrote in message
> Jimmy wrote:
> > TSMC wrote:
> >
> >>ATI file player
> >>Adobe premeire
> >>Studio 9.3
> >>Ulead DVD moviefactory
> >>Windows movie maker
> >>windows media player
> >>Real Player
> >>Acdsee
> >>Nero
> >>Roxio
> >>Winrar
> >>Winzip
> >>Windows explorer
> >>
> >>All can open or copy ATI generated files on a LOCAL drive, but NONE
> >>can open or copy an ATI generated file on a network drive.
> >>Any file generated by another program works across the network!
> >>If I open the ATI .mpg file with studio, and re-render it with no
> >>changes, the new file WILL work over the network.

> > Ok, I see. I had difficulties with Windows Media Player exclusively and
> > can't think of what would cause your difficulties otherwise. I'll see
what
> > happens here and post back if I come up worth something.
> >
> > Good Luck.
> >
> > J.
> >

> How is the network drive formated? If it is FAT32 and not NTFS the file
> size will be the problem.

Jimmy

TSMC wrote:
> both systems are NTFS (xp pro sp2)
>
> Only having trouble with AIT generated files.
> ????

I tried an ATI file and have no difficulties viewing this video from an old
slower Wireless-B connection. P4 2.4 gig 1gig of Ram to a P3 450 less than a
Gig Ram with Windows Media Player 9. What format are you using?

J.

"TSMC" <noemailhere@tsmc.net> wrote:

>both systems are NTFS (xp pro sp2)
>
>Only having trouble with AIT generated files.
>????
>
>"Cqtip" <tkutchno@spamcomcast.net> wrote in message
>> Jimmy wrote:

>> > Ok, I see. I had difficulties with Windows Media Player exclusively and
>> > can't think of what would cause your difficulties otherwise. I'll see
>what
>> > happens here and post back if I come up worth something.
>> >
>> > Good Luck.
>> >
>> > J.
>> >

>> How is the network drive formated? If it is FAT32 and not NTFS the file
>> size will be the problem.

The directory where the ATI files are generated is "protected" by ATI
under NTFS. Move them to another directory and they're shareable.

Tried moving the captured files to a temp directory and to the 'shared
documents' directory with no change.

"Teear" <BigFat@Frelling.Chan.ce> wrote in message
> "TSMC" <noemailhere@tsmc.net> wrote:
>
> >both systems are NTFS (xp pro sp2)
> >
> >Only having trouble with AIT generated files.
> >????
> >
> >"Cqtip" <tkutchno@spamcomcast.net> wrote in message

> >what

> >> How is the network drive formated? If it is FAT32 and not NTFS the
file
> >> size will be the problem.
> >
> The directory where the ATI files are generated is "protected" by ATI
> under NTFS. Move them to another directory and they're shareable.

"TSMC" <noemailhere@tsmc.net> wrote:

>Tried moving the captured files to a temp directory and to the 'shared
>documents' directory with no change.
>
>"Teear" <BigFat@Frelling.Chan.ce> wrote in message
>> "TSMC" <noemailhere@tsmc.net> wrote:
>>
>> >both systems are NTFS (xp pro sp2)
>> >
>> >Only having trouble with AIT generated files.
>> >????
>> >
>> >"Cqtip" <tkutchno@spamcomcast.net> wrote in message

>and
>> >what

>file
>> >
>> The directory where the ATI files are generated is "protected" by ATI
>> under NTFS. Move them to another directory and they're shareable.

If that's the case, it sounds like a codec problem. Get a copy of
GSpot and run it on the creating PC against one of the generated files
and click on the "render" button. Look to see what codec is used for
the video. Run it on the other PC and see if it's able to render it
across the network. If not, you've localized your problem.

If I try to access an ATI newly generated MPEG-4 AVI file across the
network directly from the capture directory, I get a "File Open
Failure" "Unable to open file [filename] Access is denied", even with
the capture directory indicated as being "shared". That's why I first
suggested moving it to another directory. Once I move it to another
shared directory, if I render it with GSpot, it indicates that it's
being decoded by the "ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder" that I installed
when I installed the Motroska Pack of codecs
http://packs.matroska.org/
I'm able to play back anything generated by the ATI 9700 AIW that I
have on my HTPC on any of 3 other non-ATI graphics card networked
PC's.