Is it possible to use camcorder as a webcam?

I would like to use my Sony handicam as a web cam through my 9600 ATI
All-in-wonder card. I am using windows XP pro. on a 2.8GHz P4.

Thanks in advance!

Robert Miller
Doing better than I deserve!
2 answers Last reply
More about camcorder webcam

    yes you can

    you need a program from a company called orangeware i think.

    you have to buy it unfortunately, it does have a trial but not so great.

    If you can't find it just google for "dv cam as web cam" or something to
    that effect.
    "Robert Miller" <stargazz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I would like to use my Sony handicam as a web cam through my 9600 ATI
    > All-in-wonder card. I am using windows XP pro. on a 2.8GHz P4.
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    >
    > Robert Miller
    > Doing better than I deserve!

    Yes you can. The real screw up is that there's two different driver models
    MS has designed. One's WDM and the other (older) VFW. ATI decided to go with
    WDM some time ago and it's been a screw around using their video capture
    cards as a webcam since.

    Netmeeting will not use the ati card (f'n bastards both sides as that's what
    I wanted when I bought the card). Messenger will under XP but not under 9x.

    "Robert Miller" <stargazz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I would like to use my Sony handicam as a web cam through my 9600 ATI
    > All-in-wonder card. I am using windows XP pro. on a 2.8GHz P4.
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    >
    > Robert Miller
    > Doing better than I deserve!

Radeon Webcams Camcorders Windows XP Graphics