ATI Tool drops RAM speed

I tried a bit of core overclocking with ATI Tool today
It took my 9600XT (499.50/297.00) up to 543.35/297.00

I then ran 3dmark03 and noted a bit of an increase and then left it
scanning for artifacts. I forgot to turn off the screensave though and
when I came back ATITool had stopped scanning.

ANyway - I saved the values as a profile but later noticed that it was
actually 543.35/295.83 - it had dropped the Memory clock just a bit???

I never asked it to scan for the highest RAM - and it never said that
any artifacts were found - can it just decide to drop the RAM speed??

On 3/5/2005 12:37 PM ofn01 brightened our day with:

> I tried a bit of core overclocking with ATI Tool today
> It took my 9600XT (499.50/297.00) up to 543.35/297.00
>
> I then ran 3dmark03 and noted a bit of an increase and then left it
> scanning for artifacts. I forgot to turn off the screensave though and
> when I came back ATITool had stopped scanning.
>
> ANyway - I saved the values as a profile but later noticed that it was
> actually 543.35/295.83 - it had dropped the Memory clock just a bit???
>
> I never asked it to scan for the highest RAM - and it never said that
> any artifacts were found - can it just decide to drop the RAM speed??

That's just what happens when you change the clock by different increments.

--
Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

homer

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thats because the auto part does not work there is a bug in the program. The
same thing happened on my 9600XT. They have a users group and they are aware
of the bug.

Homer

Homer wrote:
> Thats because the auto part does not work there is a bug in the program. The
> same thing happened on my 9600XT. They have a users group and they are aware
> of the bug.
>
> Homer

cheers!