X800 and 98se

Can I use X800 technology with Windows 98SE at all? I'm thinking of
upgrading.

I have a multiboot system but ATI does not seem to support X800 drivers for
98SE.

What would happen if I tried to boot to 98SE? Can I use older drivers?

Nick

You are not looking in the right place. The latest Catalyst 5.2 drivers
here:

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=1160

works with all Radeon cards up to the latest X850.

"Nick Zvaleko" <dunwich@optonline.net> wrote in message
> Can I use X800 technology with Windows 98SE at all? I'm thinking of
> upgrading.
>
> I have a multiboot system but ATI does not seem to support X800 drivers
for
> 98SE.
>
> What would happen if I tried to boot to 98SE? Can I use older drivers?
>
> Nick

The problem is that the specs on the X800's only list Windows 2000/XP as
supported by the drivers. The 98SE drivers say they only support up to
9800Pro.

Nick

> You are not looking in the right place. The latest Catalyst 5.2 drivers
> here:
>
> https://support.ati.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=1160
>
> works with all Radeon cards up to the latest X850.

> "Nick Zvaleko" <dunwich@optonline.net> wrote in message
> > Can I use X800 technology with Windows 98SE at all? I'm thinking of
> > upgrading.
> >
> > I have a multiboot system but ATI does not seem to support X800 drivers
> for
> > 98SE.
> >
> > What would happen if I tried to boot to 98SE? Can I use older drivers?
> >
> > Nick

I don't know where you are getting your info...

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/Catalyst_52_Release_Notes_WinME.html

X800 support for Win98/ME is a very recent development. X800 cards did not
have Win98/ME drivers for a long time. Catalyst 5.2 is the first "finalized"
driver for X800. Before that there was only a Catalyst 4.11beta. If you are
looking at the card's manual, box or manufacturer's product description,
Win98/ME probably isn't listed.