run startup scripts with administrative rights,

June 23, 2005 4:25:29 AM

hi.

how could we run startup scripts with administrative rights, in domain user
profile?

i have a script to run upon machine startup,
which will call and execute a batch file.
the batch file is used to regsvr a .dll file and .exe file.
it works but face error as does not have the needed rights.
tried with adding the domain user as local admin,
everything runs as expected.

any idea to have the batch file runs with administrative rights?

Thanks in advance.
Adam
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 4:25:30 AM

Not possible unless the user knows the Admin password.

The scripts run in the context of the currently logged in user.

Matt Gibson - GSEC

!