John

From: "John River" <John River@discussions.microsoft.com>

| Hello
|
| I wonder if someone could point me in the direction of cloning windows xp
| and the issues and contents of the sid (security identifier).
|
| We are about to roll out 400 xp Pen Tablets and I need to research what the
| sid is and how it could effect us.
|
| Thanks
|
| John

Thats what Sysprep.exe is for. It strips the SIDs and when you restore a clone to a
destination platform you will run the Mini-Setup Wizard. Then you can name the host, add
the host to the Domain, set the IP address, etc.

Symantec Ghost and Sysprep -- perfect together ;-)

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm