More about cloning issues

    From: "John River" <John River@discussions.microsoft.com>

    | Hello
    |
    | I wonder if someone could point me in the direction of cloning windows xp
    | and the issues and contents of the sid (security identifier).
    |
    | We are about to roll out 400 xp Pen Tablets and I need to research what the
    | sid is and how it could effect us.
    |
    | Thanks
    |
    | John

    Thats what Sysprep.exe is for. It strips the SIDs and when you restore a clone to a
    destination platform you will run the Mini-Setup Wizard. Then you can name the host, add
    the host to the Domain, set the IP address, etc.

    Symantec Ghost and Sysprep -- perfect together ;-)

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Security Microsoft Windows XP