Doom 3 wont start new game

harryguy082589

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2005
Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.doom.help,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,rec.games.computer.doom.playing,alt.games.doom,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

Hea,

I jus bought Doom 3 and installed it, but I seem to be having some
problems; When I go to start the game it starts just fine, but when I
get to the main menu and hit new game the games loads about half-way
and then goes back to the main menu.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Here are the specs on my coumper:

Tyan K8S
Windows XP Pro
Dual Opteron 1.6
512mb pc3200 ddr
2 30gb 15k HD
Radeon 8500

p.s

Sorry that i so heavly cross-posted, i just have no idea where to post
this. If youy have any sugestions, please sugest.

lostsoul

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2003
Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.doom.help,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,rec.games.computer.doom.playing,alt.games.doom,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

Overclocking ? Doom doesnt like overclocking. And they have released a patch
for the game also try it then see. ALSO WHAT SOUNDCARD ON YOURE UNIT ? Also
running a not so good graphics card might cause problems run on lowest
settings or suffer slide show game issues.
"harryguy082589" <harryguy082589@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hea,
>
> I jus bought Doom 3 and installed it, but I seem to be having some
> problems; When I go to start the game it starts just fine, but when I
> get to the main menu and hit new game the games loads about half-way
> and then goes back to the main menu.
>
> Any suggestions on how to fix this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Dan
>
> Here are the specs on my coumper:
>
> Tyan K8S
> Windows XP Pro
> Dual Opteron 1.6
> 512mb pc3200 ddr
> 2 30gb 15k HD
> Radeon 8500
>
> p.s
>
> Sorry that i so heavly cross-posted, i just have no idea where to post
> this. If youy have any sugestions, please sugest.

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.doom.help,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,rec.games.computer.doom.playing,alt.games.doom,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

On 3/7/2005 9:06 PM LostSoul brightened our day with:

>>Hea,
>>
>>I jus bought Doom 3 and installed it, but I seem to be having some
>>problems; When I go to start the game it starts just fine, but when I
>>get to the main menu and hit new game the games loads about half-way
>>and then goes back to the main menu.
>>
>>Any suggestions on how to fix this?
>>

>Overclocking ? Doom doesnt like overclocking. And they have released a patch
>for the game also try it then see. ALSO WHAT SOUNDCARD ON YOURE UNIT ? Also
>running a not so good graphics card might cause problems run on lowest
>settings or suffer slide show game issues.

After you get kicked to the menu check the console by hitting the "~" or
"`" key. There should be some info their that will aid diagnosing the
problem.

--
Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com