Different speed Sapphire Ati 9800 pro atlantis

Me and my brother have the same computer.
Dell Dimention 4600
Windows XP home
P4 2,66 ghz
1 gb ddrsd ram (he has 1,5 gb ram)
both have directx 9.0c
I have SP2, he has SP1

We bougth the exact same videocard. ATI Radeon 9800 atlantis pro.
Its working great with me. I got 41 in aquamark3.
But it runns slower with him. He got 26 in aquamark3.
We both got the latest drivers.

Anyone no why its running slow on his computer?

Thank you! J.R.

Jørgen Rohde wrote:
> Me and my brother have the same computer.
> Dell Dimention 4600
> Windows XP home
> P4 2,66 ghz
> 1 gb ddrsd ram (he has 1,5 gb ram)
> both have directx 9.0c
> I have SP2, he has SP1
>
> We bougth the exact same videocard. ATI Radeon 9800 atlantis pro.
> Its working great with me. I got 41 in aquamark3.
> But it runns slower with him. He got 26 in aquamark3.
> We both got the latest drivers.
>
> Anyone no why its running slow on his computer?
>
> Thank you! J.R.

To make that much of a difference my first guess would be the Vsync is
turned on limited your brothers card to 60fps. Go into the control center
and find it in there to turn it off.

> Jørgen Rohde wrote:
>> Me and my brother have the same computer.
>> Dell Dimention 4600
>> Windows XP home
>> P4 2,66 ghz
>> 1 gb ddrsd ram (he has 1,5 gb ram)
>> both have directx 9.0c
>> I have SP2, he has SP1
>>
>> We bougth the exact same videocard. ATI Radeon 9800 atlantis pro.
>> Its working great with me. I got 41 in aquamark3.
>> But it runns slower with him. He got 26 in aquamark3.
>> We both got the latest drivers.
>>
>> Anyone no why its running slow on his computer?
>>
>> Thank you! J.R.
>
> To make that much of a difference my first guess would be the Vsync is
> turned on limited your brothers card to 60fps. Go into the control
> center and find it in there to turn it off.

Hi! I cant find it...is it in the ATI Catalyst Control Center? Where? Thank
you!

"Jørgen Rohde" <jrohde@online.no> wrote in message
>> Jørgen Rohde wrote:
>>> Me and my brother have the same computer.
>>> Dell Dimention 4600
>>> Windows XP home
>>> P4 2,66 ghz
>>> 1 gb ddrsd ram (he has 1,5 gb ram)
>>> both have directx 9.0c
>>> I have SP2, he has SP1
>>>
>>> We bougth the exact same videocard. ATI Radeon 9800 atlantis pro.
>>> Its working great with me. I got 41 in aquamark3.
>>> But it runns slower with him. He got 26 in aquamark3.
>>> We both got the latest drivers.
>>>
>>> Anyone no why its running slow on his computer?
>>>
>>> Thank you! J.R.
>>
>> To make that much of a difference my first guess would be the Vsync is
>> turned on limited your brothers card to 60fps. Go into the control
>> center and find it in there to turn it off.
>>

> Hi! I cant find it...is it in the ATI Catalyst Control Center? Where?
> Thank you!

You know, I thought that would be an easy question and I just went ot have
a look and I can't find it either!!! I have been meaning to get rid of the
control center for a while and I am going ot do that now.

cowboyz wrote:
> "Jørgen Rohde" <jrohde@online.no> wrote in message

>>> To make that much of a difference my first guess would be the Vsync
>>> is turned on limited your brothers card to 60fps. Go into the
>>> control center and find it in there to turn it off.
>>>

>> Hi! I cant find it...is it in the ATI Catalyst Control Center? Where?
>> Thank you!
>>

> You know, I thought that would be an easy question and I just went
> ot have a look and I can't find it either!!! I have been meaning to
> get rid of the control center for a while and I am going ot do that
> now.

ok. got rid of CCC and installed the normal control panel and it is under
3d options.

I got it now. I had the latest chipset motherboard graffic driver, now he
have too, and we have the same speed.