Anybody have this problem with the Kodak DX 6490

I just got the DX 6490 and everything seems to function properly with
the exception of the flash mode. About half the time the flash will go
off and the camera freezes up while no picture is taken and I have to
turn the camera off and then turn it on again. All previous settings
are lost. Very similar to a blue screen of death on a PC.

I have tried with a memory card, no memory card, battery power and AC
adapter power and the results are the same. This happens about 50% of
the time. Has anybody else experienced this?

Thanks!
4 answers Last reply
More about anybody problem kodak 6490

    On Thu, 06 May 2004 21:31:10 -0500, Hans <Hans@spamkiller.com> wrote:

    >I have tried with a memory card, no memory card, battery power and AC
    >adapter power and the results are the same. This happens about 50% of
    >the time. Has anybody else experienced this?

    Never heard of it, it sounds as if your camera's a dud. First, I'd
    check Kodak's site for any firmware update. That may help.

    If not and your camera's under warranty you could either send it to
    Kodak for repair or go back to the store you bought it for an
    exchange.
    --
    To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net

    Send it back, get a new one.
    You got a dud.

    http://community-2.webtv.net/GEOH/FKEYS/
    http://community.webtv.net/Geo_H/DougsDoodles

    "Hans" <Hans@spamkiller.com> wrote in message

    > I just got the DX 6490 and everything seems to function properly with
    > the exception of the flash mode. About half the time the flash will go
    > off and the camera freezes up while no picture is taken and I have to
    > turn the camera off and then turn it on again. All previous settings
    > are lost. Very similar to a blue screen of death on a PC.
    >
    > I have tried with a memory card, no memory card, battery power and AC
    > adapter power and the results are the same. This happens about 50% of
    > the time. Has anybody else experienced this?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Not taken a huge number of photo's using flash, but I've never experienced
    with my DX6490, maybe you have a defective unit?

    sorry, should have read "never experienced this problem..." etc

    <blush>
    "Tallis Travis Talbert" <coma_ellipse@noospaamyahoo.com> wrote in message

    > "Hans" <Hans@spamkiller.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > I just got the DX 6490 and everything seems to function properly with
    > > the exception of the flash mode. About half the time the flash will go
    > > off and the camera freezes up while no picture is taken and I have to
    > > turn the camera off and then turn it on again. All previous settings
    > > are lost. Very similar to a blue screen of death on a PC.
    > >
    > > I have tried with a memory card, no memory card, battery power and AC
    > > adapter power and the results are the same. This happens about 50% of
    > > the time. Has anybody else experienced this?
    > >
    > > Thanks!
    >
    > Not taken a huge number of photo's using flash, but I've never experienced
    > with my DX6490, maybe you have a defective unit?

Cameras Memory Card Peripherals