I am having a problem with getting disconnected from my Cisco VPN with the
Windows XP Firewall enabled. With it disabled it stays connected without any
problems. I have added the proper ports to the exception list.
It will stay connected if I configure Outlook to check for messages every
five minutes, but that is inefficient and improper.

dfehd

Sounds like it's dumping you because the firewall is blocking keep alive
packets.

Find out what type of packets it is using, and make sure the firewall
doesn't block those.

Check the firewall logs.

Matt Gibson - GSEC