Sync Problems...

Hey there, I am running windows XP Pro, users have a roaming profile. Syncing
to thier user folder on the server. I have one user who whenever we restart,
it tries to sync her to an old server, which is no longer. I have tried
deleting all offline files, done a sync, checked the settings, getting a
little computer in the bottom right saying "offline files", and it says "you
are no longer connected to server" I can't get rid of this, tried unchecking
in the settings, doesn't work, shutting down with offline files off, then
re-activate, but it still comes back. I have checked My network places, and
it's not there. I am out of ideas. Any suggestions will help. Thanks a ton!
Sincerely, Geoffrey.
2 answers Last reply
More about sync problems

    What is the server O/S; Windows 2000 Server? I've had similar issues with
    W2K server... which I still periodically encounter.

    "Geoffrey" <Geoffrey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hey there, I am running windows XP Pro, users have a roaming profile.
    > Syncing
    > to thier user folder on the server. I have one user who whenever we
    > restart,
    > it tries to sync her to an old server, which is no longer. I have tried
    > deleting all offline files, done a sync, checked the settings, getting a
    > little computer in the bottom right saying "offline files", and it says
    > "you
    > are no longer connected to server" I can't get rid of this, tried
    > unchecking
    > in the settings, doesn't work, shutting down with offline files off, then
    > re-activate, but it still comes back. I have checked My network places,
    > and
    > it's not there. I am out of ideas. Any suggestions will help. Thanks a
    > ton!
    > Sincerely, Geoffrey.

    It's a Win Server 2003 Enterprise Edition. All the pc's are Windows XP Pro. I
    just don't get it!!

    "WhiteZin2000" wrote:

    > What is the server O/S; Windows 2000 Server? I've had similar issues with
    > W2K server... which I still periodically encounter.
    >
    > "Geoffrey" <Geoffrey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hey there, I am running windows XP Pro, users have a roaming profile.
    > > Syncing
    > > to thier user folder on the server. I have one user who whenever we
    > > restart,
    > > it tries to sync her to an old server, which is no longer. I have tried
    > > deleting all offline files, done a sync, checked the settings, getting a
    > > little computer in the bottom right saying "offline files", and it says
    > > "you
    > > are no longer connected to server" I can't get rid of this, tried
    > > unchecking
    > > in the settings, doesn't work, shutting down with offline files off, then
    > > re-activate, but it still comes back. I have checked My network places,
    > > and
    > > it's not there. I am out of ideas. Any suggestions will help. Thanks a
    > > ton!
    > > Sincerely, Geoffrey.

Servers Windows XP