New Cats 5.3

Yes, I re-installed 5.3 and discovered that my screen size was set to
1280x1024 insteadof what I had - 1024x768 - quite a change. I can
still read everything so maybe I will leave it there and see if I can
get used to the increase space in my desktop. I have to check what it
does to the games I play, they seem a lot slower. Maybe the screen
size changed there too.

Ak

"Don Burnette" <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote:

>Check your screen size, I run at 1280x960, after installing it defaulted to
>1280x1024 and did the same to me, changed back to 1280x960 and all is well.
>
>It also added OpenGL 2.0 support...

Todd

But 1280x1024 is a 5x4 ratio resolution and will make everything appear wider than it
actually is.

Instead, go to 1280x960 to get back a proper 4x3 ratio and I think you'll be happier :)
--
Todd

"Kevin Paul Smith" <ks007f1311@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi just to let you know that the new cats 5.3 are out
> Here https://support.ati.com

Installed them and get this error in the event log everytime windows starts
up, and everytime any of the MMC programs start.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: ati2mtag
Event Category: WDM
Event ID: 1050
Date: 10/03/2005
Time: 10:28:11
User: N/A
Computer: WOODSTOCK
SRB command failed - SRB_SET_DEVICE_PROPERTY
Data:
0000: 00 00 00 00 01 00 5a 00 ......Z.
0008: 01 00 00 00 1a 04 00 80 .......€
0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

Is anybody else getting this error.

WinXP sp2
ATI AIW 9800se
Asus K8N-E Deluxe
Athlon 64 3200+
1 gig pc3200

--
Tapioca

If you have nothing to do then do nothing and enjoy it!!

Tapioca wrote:
> Installed them and get this error in the event log everytime windows starts
> up, and everytime any of the MMC programs start.
>
> Event Type: Warning
> Event Source: ati2mtag
> Event Category: WDM
> Event ID: 1050
> Date: 10/03/2005
> Time: 10:28:11
> User: N/A
> Computer: WOODSTOCK
> SRB command failed - SRB_SET_DEVICE_PROPERTY

I am getting the same error and the new remote control software:
remote-wonder-3-01-0-0-english.exe is also getting error with loading
the x10net.dll

On 3/10/2005 3:23 AM Todd brightened our day with:

>But 1280x1024 is a 5x4 ratio resolution and will make everything appear wider than it
>actually is.
>
>Instead, go to 1280x960 to get back a proper 4x3 ratio and I think you'll be happier :)

Not wider, taller.

--
Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com