netstat reporting window disappears immediately

When checking for open ports with netstat -a at a command prompt the command
prompt window disappears immediately after displaying the results for a
fraction of a second. What is causing this and how can I avoid it.
Thanks for your answers
Franz

I just found out again: I have to open a box and than it works.
In detail: Instead of typing the netstat command at the run line type cmd to
open the box and than enter the netstat or other command. If this doesn't
work than it's probally because of a corrupt or not existing command.com file
in the directory the command prompt window is aiming at. Solution for that is
either to direct the command prompt to an existing and working command.com
file with cd.. or to copy a non corrupt and working command.com file to the
original path of the command prompt. An other possibility is to adjust the
path in the system variables.

Have a nice time
Franz

"Franz" wrote:

> When checking for open ports with netstat -a at a command prompt the command
> prompt window disappears immediately after displaying the results for a
> fraction of a second. What is causing this and how can I avoid it.
> Thanks for your answers
> Franz

Nomad

Franz wrote:
> When checking for open ports with netstat -a at a command prompt the command
> prompt window disappears immediately after displaying the results for a
> fraction of a second. What is causing this and how can I avoid it.
> Thanks for your answers
> Franz
It sounds as if you're running Netstat from the Run dialog on the Start
menu. If so, that's your problem because the window will close after
Netstat completes. Open a command prompt window first by running
cmd.exe or via the icon under All Programs. Then, run Netstat in that
window.

"Nomad" wrote:

> Franz wrote:
> > When checking for open ports with netstat -a at a command prompt the command
> > prompt window disappears immediately after displaying the results for a
> > fraction of a second. What is causing this and how can I avoid it.
> > Thanks for your answers
> > Franz
> It sounds as if you're running Netstat from the Run dialog on the Start
> menu. If so, that's your problem because the window will close after
> Netstat completes. Open a command prompt window first by running
> cmd.exe or via the icon under All Programs. Then, run Netstat in that
> window.

Thanks for your reply!
Yeah, sure that's it!
Have a nice day
Franz

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:FE4B4090-754D-4CA8-8806-7C2538EBC740@microsoft.com,
Franz <Franz@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> When checking for open ports with netstat -a at a command prompt the
> command prompt window disappears immediately after displaying the
> results for a fraction of a second. What is causing this and how can
> I avoid it.
> Thanks for your answers
> Franz

Are you typing it into the run window or the command prompt window? Start >
run > type "cmd" without the quotes > then run your command prompts such as
netstat.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:FE4B4090-754D-4CA8-8806-7C2538EBC740@microsoft.com,
> Franz <Franz@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> > When checking for open ports with netstat -a at a command prompt the
> > command prompt window disappears immediately after displaying the
> > results for a fraction of a second. What is causing this and how can
> > I avoid it.
> > Thanks for your answers
> > Franz
>
> Are you typing it into the run window or the command prompt window? Start >
> run > type "cmd" without the quotes > then run your command prompts such as
> netstat.

Thanks for your reply!
Yes you are right, I should have known it better, but....

> Galen
> --
>
> "And that recommendation, with the exaggerated estimate of my ability
> with which he prefaced it, was, if you will believe me, Watson, the
> very first thing which ever made me feel that a profession might be
> made out of what had up to that time been the merest hobby."
>
> Sherlock Holmes

TRENDING THREADS