Registry location

I am using a snapshot program to build executable files based on changes in
the registry. Where is the location of files or folders pertaining to the
registry (more specifically network printers)? I would rather scan that
specific location with the snapshot as opposed to my whole hard drive
1 answer Last reply
More about registry location

    Anything related to the System portition of the registry is in the WINDOWS\system32\config folder. The User portion is stored in the NTUSER.DAT file in the users Documents and Settings\<Username> folder.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF77B60B-A470-42C9-B2B4-8854AA80A6C9@microsoft.com...
    >I am using a snapshot program to build executable files based on changes in
    > the registry. Where is the location of files or folders pertaining to the
    > registry (more specifically network printers)? I would rather scan that
    > specific location with the snapshot as opposed to my whole hard drive

Security Registry Microsoft Windows XP