Explanation of Internet Security Settings?

Does anyone know where I can find an explanation of what all the different
settings in Internet Options > Security > Custom Level mean? I've already
looked in Windows Help and on the Microsoft website but I haven't had much
luck.

All I want to do is switch off some of the annoying messages like 'Do you
want to run this software?' when I click on a program I've just downloaded,
but I don't know which options do what.
1 answer Last reply
More about explanation internet security settings

    For more information about the privacy and security features that are included in Internet Explorer,
    visit the following Microsoft Web sites:

    Surfing securely with IE 6
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/directory/worldwide/en-gb/secureie.asp

    Understand and maintain security with Internet Explorer
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/security/default.asp

    How Internet Explorer helps keep your data safe
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/articles/browsingsafety.asp

    Working with Internet Explorer 6 security settings
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/security/settings.asp

    Understanding security zones
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/zone_ovr.mspx

    Help safeguard your privacy on the Web
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/privacy/config.asp

    Microsoft security for home users
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/home/basics.asp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "deadfly" wrote:

    | Does anyone know where I can find an explanation of what all the different
    | settings in Internet Options > Security > Custom Level mean? I've already
    | looked in Windows Help and on the Microsoft website but I haven't had much
    | luck.
    |
    | All I want to do is switch off some of the annoying messages like 'Do you
    | want to run this software?' when I click on a program I've just downloaded,
    | but I don't know which options do what.

Security Internet Security Microsoft Windows XP