Explanation of Internet Security Settings?

a b 8 Security
June 24, 2005 4:00:04 PM

Does anyone know where I can find an explanation of what all the different
settings in Internet Options > Security > Custom Level mean? I've already
looked in Windows Help and on the Microsoft website but I haven't had much
luck.

All I want to do is switch off some of the annoying messages like 'Do you
want to run this software?' when I click on a program I've just downloaded,
but I don't know which options do what.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 24, 2005 8:22:20 PM

For more information about the privacy and security features that are included in Internet Explorer,
visit the following Microsoft Web sites:

Surfing securely with IE 6
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/directo...

Understand and maintain security with Internet Explorer
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/security/default.as...

How Internet Explorer helps keep your data safe
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/articles/brow...

Working with Internet Explorer 6 security settings
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/securit...

Understanding security zones

Help safeguard your privacy on the Web
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/privacy...