ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

I have a 9800 Pro that I got from an ATI RMA for my 9700 Pro. It works
OK with all video except when I try to run the ATI Chimp demo and 3DMark03.
The video for them starts OK but then I get different kinds of patterns in
the video.
Has anyone got any idea what is causing this. I have the latest ATI
drivers and Catalyst Control Center. I am running WinXP Home SP2.
These worked OK with my 9700 Pro until it died.

I'd pop the heatsink off and look at the TIM. My 9800 Pro began displaying
wierd artifacts at stock speeds. When I popped off the heatsink I discovered
the TIM had dried out to a nice flaky crust, which is great for Apple pies
but not so great for heat xfer.

--
Remove nospam to email
"Jim Brown" <jbrown15@hvc.rr.com> wrote in message
> I have a 9800 Pro that I got from an ATI RMA for my 9700 Pro. It works
> OK with all video except when I try to run the ATI Chimp demo and
> 3DMark03. The video for them starts OK but then I get different kinds of
> patterns in the video.
> Has anyone got any idea what is causing this. I have the latest ATI
> drivers and Catalyst Control Center. I am running WinXP Home SP2.
> These worked OK with my 9700 Pro until it died.

TRENDING THREADS