How Can I access a *.sys file with restricted users

I'm a new network administrator in a company and have the problem that
everyone act as administrator in theirs computers.

This means anyone can do whatever he or she wants and install
anything.

Of course, there are trouble persons who don´t understand that some
programs like emule, kazaa, and many others don´t be allowed in the
office computers.

I try to change the account type to limited or restrited user, but one
MSDOS administrative program, needs open and edit a file .sys type,
and only the administrators can open this kind of files.

My question is, are there some way to give accees to that particular
file and mantain the restricted user policy.

Thanks

--
elcoyotecojo
elcoyotecojo's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=2688

    "elcoyotecojo" <elcoyotecojo.1r8hkk@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message

    > I'm a new network administrator in a company and have the problem that
    > everyone act as administrator in theirs computers.
    >
    > This means anyone can do whatever he or she wants and install
    > anything.
    >
    > Of course, there are trouble persons who don´t understand that some
    > programs like emule, kazaa, and many others don´t be allowed in the
    > office computers.
    >
    > I try to change the account type to limited or restrited user, but one
    > MSDOS administrative program, needs open and edit a file .sys type,
    > and only the administrators can open this kind of files.
    >
    > My question is, are there some way to give accees to that particular
    > file and mantain the restricted user policy.
    >

    > Thanks

    Try setting the file permissions for that file to allow them access.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308418

    Kerry

    > --
    > elcoyotecojo