MMC 9.06 => bye bye Stereo TV

Andre

I just installed MMC 9.06 for my AIW 9700 Pro after uninstalled the 9.03 and
now all my TV programs are Mono in place of Stereo.

What's the problem ?

Thanks

I have a AIW 9800 Pro, and last night briefly upgraded from a perfectly
working MMC 9.03 and CCP 5.1 to the latest MMC 9.06 and CCP 5.3.

I should have known better. I recall some stations were mono instead of
stereo, but I was more concerned about the messed up audio input. Instead
of my preferred Line In, somehow the audio was routed through and only
controlled by the Wave device. The Install Wizard wouldn't even give the
prompt screens for audio input devices.

That was bad, but even worse was the delay introduced in "live" TV viewing.
There was maybe a 1/4 second delay between a television on my desk and the
AIW's playback. And channel changing took much longer - around one or two
seconds.

I first tried fixing the audio input in the registry settings, but got
nowhere. I don't need the headache, so I uninstalled everything and went
back to the previous versions. Everything is working again, and I'm leaving
it that way for awhile.

Sorry I can't help you with your problem, but you might consider going back
too.

"Andre" <oufti@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
>I just installed MMC 9.06 for my AIW 9700 Pro after uninstalled the 9.03
>and now all my TV programs are Mono in place of Stereo.
>
> What's the problem ?
>
> Thanks

I'm a tinkered so I'm inclined to upgrade to new drivers, etc even when my
system is performing perfectly. After having been burned by some previous
CATs (now running 5.2) I'm not going to upgrade in the future unless I
*need* a feature in the new set or the speed increase will be apparent.
Bottom line = if it ain't broke don't fix it. ;-0
--
Tally Ho!
Ed
"Jerome Allison" <jallison@netdoor.com> wrote in message
>I have a AIW 9800 Pro, and last night briefly upgraded from a perfectly
>working MMC 9.03 and CCP 5.1 to the latest MMC 9.06 and CCP 5.3.
>
> I should have known better. I recall some stations were mono instead of
> stereo, but I was more concerned about the messed up audio input. Instead
> of my preferred Line In, somehow the audio was routed through and only
> controlled by the Wave device. The Install Wizard wouldn't even give the
> prompt screens for audio input devices.
>
> That was bad, but even worse was the delay introduced in "live" TV
> viewing. There was maybe a 1/4 second delay between a television on my
> desk and the AIW's playback. And channel changing took much longer -
> around one or two seconds.
>
> I first tried fixing the audio input in the registry settings, but got
> nowhere. I don't need the headache, so I uninstalled everything and went
> back to the previous versions. Everything is working again, and I'm
> leaving it that way for awhile.
>
> Sorry I can't help you with your problem, but you might consider going
> back too.
>

> "Andre" <oufti@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
>>I just installed MMC 9.06 for my AIW 9700 Pro after uninstalled the 9.03
>>and now all my TV programs are Mono in place of Stereo.
>>
>> What's the problem ?
>>
>> Thanks

It seems like these new drivers always create some new problems. I
did not have of problem with the new MMC 9.06 on my ATI TV Wonder but
I did not like what the CCP 5.3 did to my screen size. I have fixed
that since so that it is acceptable to me.

I always create a restore point before installing new drivers and if
things do not work out, it is the easiest way to get back your
previous setup.

Ak

"Jerome Allison" <jallison@netdoor.com> wrote:

>I have a AIW 9800 Pro, and last night briefly upgraded from a perfectly
>working MMC 9.03 and CCP 5.1 to the latest MMC 9.06 and CCP 5.3.
>
>I should have known better. I recall some stations were mono instead of
>stereo, but I was more concerned about the messed up audio input. Instead
>of my preferred Line In, somehow the audio was routed through and only
>controlled by the Wave device. The Install Wizard wouldn't even give the
>prompt screens for audio input devices.
>
>That was bad, but even worse was the delay introduced in "live" TV viewing.
>There was maybe a 1/4 second delay between a television on my desk and the
>AIW's playback. And channel changing took much longer - around one or two
>seconds.
>
>I first tried fixing the audio input in the registry settings, but got
>nowhere. I don't need the headache, so I uninstalled everything and went
>back to the previous versions. Everything is working again, and I'm leaving
>it that way for awhile.
>
>Sorry I can't help you with your problem, but you might consider going back
>too.
>

>"Andre" <oufti@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
>>I just installed MMC 9.06 for my AIW 9700 Pro after uninstalled the 9.03
>>and now all my TV programs are Mono in place of Stereo.
>>
>> What's the problem ?
>>
>> Thanks

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 02:37:25 GMT, "Jerome Allison"
<jallison@netdoor.com> wrote:

>I should have known better. I recall some stations were mono instead of
>stereo, but I was more concerned about the messed up audio input. Instead
>of my preferred Line In, somehow the audio was routed through and only
>controlled by the Wave device. The Install Wizard wouldn't even give the
>prompt screens for audio input devices.
>
>That was bad, but even worse was the delay introduced in "live" TV viewing.
>There was maybe a 1/4 second delay between a television on my desk and the
>AIW's playback. And channel changing took much longer - around one or two
>seconds.
>
>I first tried fixing the audio input in the registry settings, but got
>nowhere. I don't need the headache, so I uninstalled everything and went
>back to the previous versions. Everything is working again, and I'm leaving
>it that way for awhile.

I had the exact same problems after installing MMC 9.06 on my system-
the only difference being that the slow channel changes/audio delay
issue was happening even when I wasn't using the "live" TV function.
I too uninstalled and returned to 9.03.

However, when I revisited the web site to post my opinion of the
driver, I noticed that MMM 9.06 had a couple of requirements that I
hadn't followed: Windows Media Encoder 9 and Remote Wonder 3.01. The
instructions said that 9.06 would not run correctly without them. I
went ahead and reinstalled the whole lot of them and now everything's
working fine.

One last thing, even though the Remote Wonder file I downloaded was
named 3.01.0.0, the Windows Installer told me it was Remote Wonder 2.
Still, it worked.

Prince of Orange <nospam@all.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 02:37:25 GMT, "Jerome Allison"
> <jallison@netdoor.com> wrote:

> >I should have known better. I recall some stations were mono instead of
> >stereo, but I was more concerned about the messed up audio input. Instead
> >of my preferred Line In, somehow the audio was routed through and only
> >controlled by the Wave device. The Install Wizard wouldn't even give the
> >prompt screens for audio input devices.
> >
> >That was bad, but even worse was the delay introduced in "live" TV viewing.
> >There was maybe a 1/4 second delay between a television on my desk and the
> >AIW's playback. And channel changing took much longer - around one or two
> >seconds.
> >
> >I first tried fixing the audio input in the registry settings, but got
> >nowhere. I don't need the headache, so I uninstalled everything and went
> >back to the previous versions. Everything is working again, and I'm leaving
> >it that way for awhile.

> I had the exact same problems after installing MMC 9.06 on my system-
> the only difference being that the slow channel changes/audio delay
> issue was happening even when I wasn't using the "live" TV function.
> I too uninstalled and returned to 9.03.

> However, when I revisited the web site to post my opinion of the
> driver, I noticed that MMM 9.06 had a couple of requirements that I
> hadn't followed: Windows Media Encoder 9 and Remote Wonder 3.01. The
> instructions said that 9.06 would not run correctly without them. I
> went ahead and reinstalled the whole lot of them and now everything's
> working fine.

I already have Media Encoder 9 and DirectX 9.0c, and I have the slow
channel changes and audio delays. :(
--
"What reason, like the careful ant, draws laboriously together, the wind of accident sometimes collects in a moment." --Friedrich von Schiller
/\___/\
| |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
( )

ANTant@zimage.com wrote:

>> However, when I revisited the web site to post my opinion of the
>> driver, I noticed that MMM 9.06 had a couple of requirements that I
>> hadn't followed: Windows Media Encoder 9 and Remote Wonder 3.01. The
>> instructions said that 9.06 would not run correctly without them. I
>> went ahead and reinstalled the whole lot of them and now everything's
>> working fine.
>
> I already have Media Encoder 9 and DirectX 9.0c, and I have the slow
> channel changes and audio delays. :(

Added to the audio issues I had previously I also now have, thanks to 9.06,
the slow channel changes, together with the remote being completely screwed
(pressing any button forces the TV fullscreen, etc etc).

=:-(

--

/mel/

Oh, and the ability to select the audio channel used has disappeared - it's
no longer part of the initialization wizard, and I can't find it anywhere
else.
--

/mel/

"/mel/" <news@mel.cix.NOSPAM.co.uk> wrote in message
> ANTant@zimage.com wrote:
>
> >> However, when I revisited the web site to post my opinion of the
> >> driver, I noticed that MMM 9.06 had a couple of requirements that I
> >> hadn't followed: Windows Media Encoder 9 and Remote Wonder 3.01. The
> >> instructions said that 9.06 would not run correctly without them. I
> >> went ahead and reinstalled the whole lot of them and now everything's
> >> working fine.
> >
> > I already have Media Encoder 9 and DirectX 9.0c, and I have the slow
> > channel changes and audio delays. :(
>
> Added to the audio issues I had previously I also now have, thanks to
9.06,
> the slow channel changes, together with the remote being completely
screwed
> (pressing any button forces the TV fullscreen, etc etc).
>
> =:-(
>
> --
>
> /mel/

Go go into Configuration/Easylook and uncheck the first box "Press any
button on remote".

T Shadow wrote:

>> Added to the audio issues I had previously I also now have, thanks
>> to 9.06, the slow channel changes, together with the remote being
>> completely screwed (pressing any button forces the TV fullscreen,
>> etc etc).
>>
>> =:-(
>>
> Go go into Configuration/Easylook and uncheck the first box "Press any
> button on remote".

I don't have Easylook installed - never have had.

--

/mel/

/mel/ wrote:

> T Shadow wrote:
>
>>> Added to the audio issues I had previously I also now have, thanks
>>> to 9.06, the slow channel changes, together with the remote being
>>> completely screwed (pressing any button forces the TV fullscreen,
>>> etc etc).
>>>
>>> =:-(
>>>
>> Go go into Configuration/Easylook and uncheck the first box "Press
>> any button on remote".
>
> I don't have Easylook installed - never have had.

Ah, ignore that, I was thinking of Eazysomethingelse. Still got lots of
issues, but not the fullscreen thing. I think I'll just restore the drive
image I took before installing it.

--

/mel/

"/mel/" wrote:
> /mel/ wrote:
>
> > T Shadow wrote:
> >
>   >>> Added to the audio issues I had previously I
> also now have, thanks
>   >>> to 9.06, the slow channel changes, together
> with the remote being
>   >>> completely screwed (pressing any button forces
> the TV fullscreen,
>   >>> etc etc).
>   >>>
>   >>> =:-(
>   >>>
>  >> Go go into Configuration/Easylook and uncheck the
> first box "Press
>  >> any button on remote".
> >
> > I don't have Easylook installed - never have had.
>
> Ah, ignore that, I was thinking of Eazysomethingelse. Still
> got lots of
> issues, but not the fullscreen thing. I think I'll just
> restore the drive
> image I took before installing it.
>
> --
>
> /mel/

Anybody getting this one in the event viewer "SRB command
failed-SRB_GET_DEVICE_PROPERTY"?

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ATI-MMC-06-gt-bye-bye-Stereo-TV-ftopict50477.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=248185

I currently have this problem aswell and haven't managed to solve it.
However one thing I did notice was when you pull out the audio
passthru cable to your soundcard, with the tv software open and
running mono, the sound doesn't disapear. Shouldn't this be gone?
:shock:

What have they broken this time? :roll:

kamisama <kamisama@graffiti-dot-net.no-spam.invalid> wrote:
> I currently have this problem aswell and haven't managed to solve it.
> However one thing I did notice was when you pull out the audio
> passthru cable to your soundcard, with the tv software open and
> running mono, the sound doesn't disapear. Shouldn't this be gone?
> :shock:

> What have they broken this time? :roll:

A lot of stuff! I downgraded. I will wait ATI fix their mess. If not,
then I stick with v9.03 and its driver v5.2 forever until I get a NVIDIA
card! :p
--
"When an ant gets wings, it loses its head." --Bosnian Proverb
/\___/\