Wireless advice

Looking at attaching one computer to our current LAN. All i really need it
a "wireless Hub". The wires are not were i want my desk and it is easier to
buy wireless than pull new wires. mainly used for internet surfing but
occassional file transfer and running client/server application. I have
looked at the D-link 802-11b wireless router with either a PCI or USB
wireless adapter for the computer.

Any advice would be greatly appriciated.

TIA

Paul McGuire
1 answer Last reply
More about wireless advice

    Hi
    In a Nut shell: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Paul McGuire" <paulmcguire@_no_spam_hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Looking at attaching one computer to our current LAN. All i really need
    it
    > a "wireless Hub". The wires are not were i want my desk and it is easier
    > buy wireless than pull new wires. mainly used for internet surfing but
    > occassional file transfer and running client/server application. I have
    > looked at the D-link 802-11b wireless router with either a PCI or USB
    > wireless adapter for the computer.
    >
    > Any advice would be greatly appriciated.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Paul McGuire

Wireless Computers Wireless Networking