No "Save Password" check box?

I'm running XP Home edition on my laptop. When I take it to work and use it
on their network, I must log in to their proxy server to use the internet.
EVERY time I open IE, I must re-enter my server\username and password because
there is no "Save password" check box available. I understand that this can
be somehow turned on. The only solution to this that I've seen so far is for
XP professional. Any suggestions?
1 answer Last reply
More about save password check

    Yes, get XP Professional. Since XP home can only use domain resources and
    can't be a member of said domain, it doesn't have the proper registry keys
    in order to save said password to.

    --

    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

    http://www.google.com
    Google is your "Friend"

    "Kari" <Kari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm running XP Home edition on my laptop. When I take it to work and use
    > it
    > on their network, I must log in to their proxy server to use the internet.
    > EVERY time I open IE, I must re-enter my server\username and password
    > because
    > there is no "Save password" check box available. I understand that this
    > can
    > be somehow turned on. The only solution to this that I've seen so far is
    > for
    > XP professional. Any suggestions?

Windows XP