NAV 2005/ZoneAlarm Firewall 2005

How well does NAV 2005 and ZoneAlarm Firewall 5.5 work together? are there
any compatibility issue that i have to be aware when using this two together?
and is it competely safe to mix it up?

Which configuration would take system resource or drag computer performance?
(NAV 2005 and ZoneAlarm Firewall 5.5) or (Norton Internet Security 2005)

"Allan" <Allan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How well does NAV 2005 and ZoneAlarm Firewall 5.5 work together? are there
> any compatibility issue that i have to be aware when using this two
> together?
> and is it competely safe to mix it up?
>
> Which configuration would take system resource or drag computer
> performance?
> (NAV 2005 and ZoneAlarm Firewall 5.5) or (Norton Internet Security
> 2005)

I would stick with NIS.
In a healthy computer, NIS does not degrade performance. There are some who
claim otherwise, but it has been my experience in deploying NIS for many
years that is does not slow the computer. What many purport to be a
"slowdown" is when opening Word Documents, Excel files or PowerPoint
presentations; these are scanned by NAV upon opening them, and if the file
is large, this can take several seconds. You can turn this feature off, and
the system should behave normally.

I have used both ZoneAlarm (the free version and the paid) and NPF. NPF is
a much better product.

Bobby

Jerry

Distinguished