  • Security
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
June 27, 2005 9:00:10 PM

I am wondering w/o using a domain how can you set up a system to only allow
u to access certian web sites w/o having to use 3rd party software.

More about : restricting access websites

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 27, 2005 9:00:11 PM

The easy way to do this on the cheap is with a hardware router, I use a
Dlink 614+ that I picked up for less than $40 and in the router settings it
lets you config what sites to allow or not allow.

STL_Alex

"me" wrote:

> I am wondering w/o using a domain how can you set up a system to only allow
> u to access certian web sites w/o having to use 3rd party software.

June 28, 2005 3:54:43 AM

only issue there is you cant decide what to allow based on user/group
"STL_Alex" <STLAlex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The easy way to do this on the cheap is with a hardware router, I use a
> Dlink 614+ that I picked up for less than $40 and in the router settings
> it
> lets you config what sites to allow or not allow.
>
> STL_Alex
>

> "me" wrote:
>
>> I am wondering w/o using a domain how can you set up a system to only
>> allow
>> u to access certian web sites w/o having to use 3rd party software.

June 28, 2005 11:11:02 PM

how can use the messenger if i'm not like the principal user and the
principal user sancel it to me

!