Wireless Disconnection

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
June 29, 2004 8:39:55 AM

I installed my wireless test lab but one of the problems
I noticed now is that my wireless internet connection
seems to get disconnected every 4-5mins.

So i have to re-connect it frequently...could someone
help in this regard.

cheers,
Jo

More about : wireless disconnection

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 29, 2004 9:39:43 PM

Hi.
Dropping the signal might be due to environmental Noise 2.4GHz phones etc.
First make sure that you get a stable connection without WEP(or WPA) and
only then attend to the security issues.
The following page (in the middle) contains the info that you asked for.
http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html
As for security: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
Jack (MVP - Networking).

!