Sign in with
Your question

Help! .lnk file desktop error...

Last response: in Windows 7
December 11, 2010 6:24:50 PM

So all my desktop icons have a .lnk file overlapping the original icon and it's starting to annoy me. How do I get the original desktop icons to show again!?

More about : lnk file desktop error

a b $ Windows 7
December 13, 2010 4:04:58 AM

add new short cut in desktop/browse/C: /look in folder program file / extension *.exe/ ok
m
l
a c 370 $ Windows 7
December 13, 2010 5:35:00 PM

henydiah said:
add new short cut in desktop/browse/C: /look in folder program file / extension *.exe/ ok

What?? I have no idea what you are trying to say here, he's not trying to create a new shortcut to anything, this won't help.

Paparitz, what you mean by overlaping? Are they literally covering up the icons? Right-click on the desktop and do a Sort by Type, that should move things around. Then just delete the shortcuts. Did this happen on it's own or are you dragging the icons around and creating shortcuts?
m
l
January 4, 2014 9:41:13 AM

Paparitz said:
So all my desktop icons have a .lnk file overlapping the original icon and it's starting to annoy me. How do I get the original desktop icons to show again!?

Here's what you have to do:
If you're running Windows 7 or Windows Vista go to this page
You'll have to download a file, but I swear it's not infected - tried it myself. Then eliminate the .lnk extension. Read the instructions on their site.

Hope this helped.
m
l
!