AIW9600XT can't move MMC TV window to secondary monitor?

Hoping for better help than I've had from ATI so far. Their response to my
question is 'it doesn't work with the 9600'. My reply was it worked with a
9600XT and a TV Wonder so why not with an AIW9600XT? I suspect a registry
setting? Could something be limiting it's ability to reposition? Any help,
suggestions welcome
Thanks
zz

"zzipper" <zzipper@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Hoping for better help than I've had from ATI so far. Their response to my
> question is 'it doesn't work with the 9600'. My reply was it worked with a
> 9600XT and a TV Wonder so why not with an AIW9600XT? I suspect a registry
> setting? Could something be limiting it's ability to reposition? Any help,
> suggestions welcome
> Thanks
> zz

Going to advanced properties, go to the Overlay tab, and on the bottom
you'll find Theater Mode Options. I fiddled with the settings in there and
got TV output on the second monitor.

Pagan

"Pagan" <DirtySanchez@chonch.com> wrote in

> Going to advanced properties, go to the Overlay tab, and on the bottom
> you'll find Theater Mode Options. I fiddled with the settings in
> there and got TV output on the second monitor.

that's news to me, i've never been able to get tv on the second monitor on
my 9600AIW...

Good Man wrote:

> "Pagan" <DirtySanchez@chonch.com> wrote in
>
>> Going to advanced properties, go to the Overlay tab, and on the bottom
>> you'll find Theater Mode Options. I fiddled with the settings in
>> there and got TV output on the second monitor.
>
> that's news to me, i've never been able to get tv on the second monitor on
> my 9600AIW...

You set either "theater mode" or "same on both" in the overlay tab.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

those options have always been greyed out. I'll have another try. The only
way I ever got access to them was to clone the displays but that isn't any
good to me. I'll post the results. Thanks

"Pagan" <DirtySanchez@chonch.com> wrote in message
> "zzipper" <zzipper@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> Hoping for better help than I've had from ATI so far. Their response to
>> my
>> question is 'it doesn't work with the 9600'. My reply was it worked with
>> 9600XT and a TV Wonder so why not with an AIW9600XT? I suspect a registry
>> setting? Could something be limiting it's ability to reposition? Any
>> help,
>> suggestions welcome
>> Thanks
>> zz
>
> Going to advanced properties, go to the Overlay tab, and on the bottom
> you'll find Theater Mode Options. I fiddled with the settings in there
> and
> got TV output on the second monitor.
>
> Pagan

Nope, only way to enable settings for Theatre Mode is to clone monitor 2 to
monitor 1. Any other ideas? Any help appreciated. Thanks

> those options have always been greyed out. I'll have another try. The only
> way I ever got access to them was to clone the displays but that isn't any
> good to me. I'll post the results. Thanks
>
> "Pagan" <DirtySanchez@chonch.com> wrote in message
>> "zzipper" <zzipper@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>>> Hoping for better help than I've had from ATI so far. Their response to
>>> my
>>> question is 'it doesn't work with the 9600'. My reply was it worked with
>>> 9600XT and a TV Wonder so why not with an AIW9600XT? I suspect a
>>> registry
>>> setting? Could something be limiting it's ability to reposition? Any
>>> help,
>>> suggestions welcome
>>> Thanks
>>> zz
>>
>> Going to advanced properties, go to the Overlay tab, and on the bottom
>> you'll find Theater Mode Options. I fiddled with the settings in there
>> and
>> got TV output on the second monitor.
>>
>> Pagan

I've removed CCC and installed the normal ATI control panel. In the Overlay
tab, there is no Theatre Mode options. Can you please tell me the exact
driver and control panel versions you have installed? Thanks

zzipper wrote:

> Nope, only way to enable settings for Theatre Mode is to clone monitor 2
> to monitor 1. Any other ideas? Any help appreciated. Thanks

You want to drag the window across in Extended Desktop? Sorry, doesn't work
ATI boards will not normally display TV on the secondary monitor. You
_can_ do it with Media Center Edition but you give up other things to get
that capability.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

It worked before, with my ATI (built by ATI) 9600XT and a TV Wonder. I could
move it anywhere I wanted on either screen. But to save a slot and get the
FM radio optiom I got the AIW9600XT. To me this doesn't make sense at all.
The only difference is that the tuner is now mounted on the video card
instead of being in the PCI slot. I wouldn't have expected this feature to
not work anymore....and officially it IS supposed to work. The card comes
with Hydravision, which is supposed to support this. Every other application
I have can be moved or dragged from screen to screen. Only video apps don't
work. ATI MMC and WinDVD. I can't move the MMC TV window to the other screen
but I can actually move the WinDVD window to the second screen but there is
no picture, just a blank screen. If I use the IE browser plugin, I can move
the IE window over but the video disappears, screen goes black, AVI. MPEG or
DVD it's all the same. This is strange. I've asked them to see if adding a
TV Wonder as a second tuner will work or not, still waiting for an answer?

> I've removed CCC and installed the normal ATI control panel. In the
Overlay
> tab, there is no Theatre Mode options. Can you please tell me the exact
> driver and control panel versions you have installed? Thanks

I'm using the normal ATI control panel.

TV on the second monitor only works in clone mode, as far as I know, and it
fills the screen on the second. It isn't too hard to change to and from
extended desktop, if you really need it. That's what I do, but for me,
there's few times where I actually need an extended desktop.

Pagan

Pagan wrote:
> "zzipper" <zzipper@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>
>>I've removed CCC and installed the normal ATI control panel. In the
>
> Overlay
>
>>tab, there is no Theatre Mode options. Can you please tell me the exact
>>driver and control panel versions you have installed? Thanks
>

> I'm using the normal ATI control panel.
>
> TV on the second monitor only works in clone mode, as far as I know, and it
> fills the screen on the second. It isn't too hard to change to and from
> extended desktop, if you really need it. That's what I do, but for me,
> there's few times where I actually need an extended desktop.
>
> Pagan
>

>>"Pagan" <DirtySanchez@chonch.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>"zzipper" <zzipper@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

> with

> registry

>>>Going to advanced properties, go to the Overlay tab, and on the bottom
>>>you'll find Theater Mode Options. I fiddled with the settings in there
>>>and
>>>got TV output on the second monitor.
>>>
>>>Pagan

Not saying this is a solutions, but it may get you thinking.
It sounds like in extended mode it's a no go for TV window drag and
display on second monitor. Clone mode will display directX based video
on one of the monitors but not both, based on which monitor is cloning
which.

When using control panel drivers and with the ATI system tray icon
available I have setup two schemes to handle the problem of a quick and
easy way to switch between having the "Video on PC" monitor and "Video
on HDTV" monitor. Once setup all you do is right click the ATI in sys
tray, select schemes and which one you want.
NOTE: I'm just using clone mode, not using extended mode and I have AIW
9600 Pro (Cat 5.1 & MMC 9.03).

You may be able to setup a compromise scheme in clone mode with video on
second monitor and one in your normal extended mode when not watching TV.

Additional info on possible problem with dragging to second monitor. I
also have a TV Wonder on an older PC (Win98 who knows what drivers).
When I used to drag the left edge of the TV window off screen normally
the left side, it work as long as I didn't leave it there when I closed
the program. If so the TV program wouldn't start without reinstalling
the program (what a pain that was). I later found the only other way to
correct the problem without uninstalling and reinstalling the program
was to rename or delete the registry key value "PanelLeft" located in:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ATI
Technologies\Multimedia\Features\TV\Panel 0"

It seemed that the TV program couldn't start because of the error of
where the upper left scan was supposed to begin which was off screen.

That my input for whatever its worth.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to play around with MultiDesk and see if I
can configure something useful with that while I'm waiting for ATI to reply.
I'm not holding my breath on this one. I'm willing to add a TV Wonder, I was
going to so I have a second tuner so I can record one thing while I watch
another. I asked them to tell me if that's the answe but I haven't heard
back yet. If that'll lets me run a MMC TV window on the secondary monitor
I'll do it. But if that won't work either, I'm getting rid of this card and
getting a Theatrix. I'll just put the 9600XT I had in this machine back
where it was and get another card for the other pc. $300 and it doesn't do
what they said it'll do? I don't think so...Bye Bye AIW :)

TRENDING THREADS