AIW9600XT can't move MMC TV window to secondary monitor?

Hoping for better help than I've had from ATI so far. Their response to my
question is 'it doesn't work with the 9600'. My reply was it worked with a
9600XT and a TV Wonder so why not with an AIW9600XT? I suspect a registry
setting? Could something be limiting it's ability to reposition? Any help,
suggestions welcome
Thanks
zz
11 answers Last reply
More about aiw9600xt move window secondary monitor

    "zzipper" <zzipper@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > Hoping for better help than I've had from ATI so far. Their response to my
    > question is 'it doesn't work with the 9600'. My reply was it worked with a
    > 9600XT and a TV Wonder so why not with an AIW9600XT? I suspect a registry
    > setting? Could something be limiting it's ability to reposition? Any help,
    > suggestions welcome
    > Thanks
    > zz

    Going to advanced properties, go to the Overlay tab, and on the bottom
    you'll find Theater Mode Options. I fiddled with the settings in there and
    got TV output on the second monitor.

    Pagan

    "Pagan" <DirtySanchez@chonch.com> wrote in

    > Going to advanced properties, go to the Overlay tab, and on the bottom
    > you'll find Theater Mode Options. I fiddled with the settings in
    > there and got TV output on the second monitor.

    that's news to me, i've never been able to get tv on the second monitor on
    my 9600AIW...

    Good Man wrote:

    > "Pagan" <DirtySanchez@chonch.com> wrote in
    >
    >> Going to advanced properties, go to the Overlay tab, and on the bottom
    >> you'll find Theater Mode Options. I fiddled with the settings in
    >> there and got TV output on the second monitor.
    >
    > that's news to me, i've never been able to get tv on the second monitor on
    > my 9600AIW...

    You set either "theater mode" or "same on both" in the overlay tab.

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate

    those options have always been greyed out. I'll have another try. The only
    way I ever got access to them was to clone the displays but that isn't any
    good to me. I'll post the results. Thanks

    "Pagan" <DirtySanchez@chonch.com> wrote in message
    > "zzipper" <zzipper@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >> Hoping for better help than I've had from ATI so far. Their response to
    >> my
    >> question is 'it doesn't work with the 9600'. My reply was it worked with
    >> 9600XT and a TV Wonder so why not with an AIW9600XT? I suspect a registry
    >> setting? Could something be limiting it's ability to reposition? Any
    >> help,
    >> suggestions welcome
    >> Thanks
    >> zz
    >
    > Going to advanced properties, go to the Overlay tab, and on the bottom
    > you'll find Theater Mode Options. I fiddled with the settings in there
    > and
    > got TV output on the second monitor.
    >
    > Pagan

    Nope, only way to enable settings for Theatre Mode is to clone monitor 2 to
    monitor 1. Any other ideas? Any help appreciated. Thanks

    > those options have always been greyed out. I'll have another try. The only
    > way I ever got access to them was to clone the displays but that isn't any
    > good to me. I'll post the results. Thanks
    >
    > "Pagan" <DirtySanchez@chonch.com> wrote in message
    >> "zzipper" <zzipper@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >>> Hoping for better help than I've had from ATI so far. Their response to
    >>> my
    >>> question is 'it doesn't work with the 9600'. My reply was it worked with
    >>> 9600XT and a TV Wonder so why not with an AIW9600XT? I suspect a
    >>> registry
    >>> setting? Could something be limiting it's ability to reposition? Any
    >>> help,
    >>> suggestions welcome
    >>> Thanks
    >>> zz
    >>
    >> Going to advanced properties, go to the Overlay tab, and on the bottom
    >> you'll find Theater Mode Options. I fiddled with the settings in there
    >> and
    >> got TV output on the second monitor.
    >>
    >> Pagan

    I've removed CCC and installed the normal ATI control panel. In the Overlay
    tab, there is no Theatre Mode options. Can you please tell me the exact
    driver and control panel versions you have installed? Thanks

    zzipper wrote:

    > Nope, only way to enable settings for Theatre Mode is to clone monitor 2
    > to monitor 1. Any other ideas? Any help appreciated. Thanks

    You want to drag the window across in Extended Desktop? Sorry, doesn't work
    ATI boards will not normally display TV on the secondary monitor. You
    _can_ do it with Media Center Edition but you give up other things to get
    that capability.

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

    It worked before, with my ATI (built by ATI) 9600XT and a TV Wonder. I could
    move it anywhere I wanted on either screen. But to save a slot and get the
    FM radio optiom I got the AIW9600XT. To me this doesn't make sense at all.
    The only difference is that the tuner is now mounted on the video card
    instead of being in the PCI slot. I wouldn't have expected this feature to
    not work anymore....and officially it IS supposed to work. The card comes
    with Hydravision, which is supposed to support this. Every other application
    I have can be moved or dragged from screen to screen. Only video apps don't
    work. ATI MMC and WinDVD. I can't move the MMC TV window to the other screen
    but I can actually move the WinDVD window to the second screen but there is
    no picture, just a blank screen. If I use the IE browser plugin, I can move
    the IE window over but the video disappears, screen goes black, AVI. MPEG or
    DVD it's all the same. This is strange. I've asked them to see if adding a
    TV Wonder as a second tuner will work or not, still waiting for an answer?

    > I've removed CCC and installed the normal ATI control panel. In the
    Overlay
    > tab, there is no Theatre Mode options. Can you please tell me the exact
    > driver and control panel versions you have installed? Thanks

    I'm using the normal ATI control panel.

    TV on the second monitor only works in clone mode, as far as I know, and it
    fills the screen on the second. It isn't too hard to change to and from
    extended desktop, if you really need it. That's what I do, but for me,
    there's few times where I actually need an extended desktop.

    Pagan

    Pagan wrote:
    > "zzipper" <zzipper@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >
    >>I've removed CCC and installed the normal ATI control panel. In the
    >
    > Overlay
    >
    >>tab, there is no Theatre Mode options. Can you please tell me the exact
    >>driver and control panel versions you have installed? Thanks
    >

    > I'm using the normal ATI control panel.
    >
    > TV on the second monitor only works in clone mode, as far as I know, and it
    > fills the screen on the second. It isn't too hard to change to and from
    > extended desktop, if you really need it. That's what I do, but for me,
    > there's few times where I actually need an extended desktop.
    >
    > Pagan
    >

    >>"Pagan" <DirtySanchez@chonch.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>"zzipper" <zzipper@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

    > with

    > registry

    >>>Going to advanced properties, go to the Overlay tab, and on the bottom
    >>>you'll find Theater Mode Options. I fiddled with the settings in there
    >>>and
    >>>got TV output on the second monitor.
    >>>
    >>>Pagan

    Not saying this is a solutions, but it may get you thinking.
    It sounds like in extended mode it's a no go for TV window drag and
    display on second monitor. Clone mode will display directX based video
    on one of the monitors but not both, based on which monitor is cloning
    which.

    When using control panel drivers and with the ATI system tray icon
    available I have setup two schemes to handle the problem of a quick and
    easy way to switch between having the "Video on PC" monitor and "Video
    on HDTV" monitor. Once setup all you do is right click the ATI in sys
    tray, select schemes and which one you want.
    NOTE: I'm just using clone mode, not using extended mode and I have AIW
    9600 Pro (Cat 5.1 & MMC 9.03).

    You may be able to setup a compromise scheme in clone mode with video on
    second monitor and one in your normal extended mode when not watching TV.

    Additional info on possible problem with dragging to second monitor. I
    also have a TV Wonder on an older PC (Win98 who knows what drivers).
    When I used to drag the left edge of the TV window off screen normally
    the left side, it work as long as I didn't leave it there when I closed
    the program. If so the TV program wouldn't start without reinstalling
    the program (what a pain that was). I later found the only other way to
    correct the problem without uninstalling and reinstalling the program
    was to rename or delete the registry key value "PanelLeft" located in:

    "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ATI
    Technologies\Multimedia\Features\TV\Panel 0"

    It seemed that the TV program couldn't start because of the error of
    where the upper left scan was supposed to begin which was off screen.

    That my input for whatever its worth.

    Thanks for the info. I'm going to play around with MultiDesk and see if I
    can configure something useful with that while I'm waiting for ATI to reply.
    I'm not holding my breath on this one. I'm willing to add a TV Wonder, I was
    going to so I have a second tuner so I can record one thing while I watch
    another. I asked them to tell me if that's the answe but I haven't heard
    back yet. If that'll lets me run a MMC TV window on the secondary monitor
    I'll do it. But if that won't work either, I'm getting rid of this card and
    getting a Theatrix. I'll just put the 9600XT I had in this machine back
    where it was and get another card for the other pc. $300 and it doesn't do
    what they said it'll do? I don't think so...Bye Bye AIW :-)

Radeon TV Monitors ATI Graphics