Nail virus

My McAfee vjirus protection can't get rid of this virus.
HHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PLEASE
5 answers Last reply
More about nail virus

    In news:D9AF68E7-97C0-4C47-BC51-FBB4C5C8F46E@microsoft.com,
    NoMo Nail <NoMo Nail@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > My McAfee vjirus protection can't get rid of this virus.
    > HHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PLEASE

    Malware Cleaning :
    http://www.kgiii.info/windows/all/general/malwarefix.html

    Pay most attention to the bits about safe mode and about the latest
    definitions.

    Galen

    without them."

    Sherlock Holmes

    Galen wrote:

    > In news:D9AF68E7-97C0-4C47-BC51-FBB4C5C8F46E@microsoft.com,
    > NoMo Nail <NoMo Nail@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    >> My McAfee vjirus protection can't get rid of this virus.
    >> HHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PLEASE
    >
    > Malware Cleaning :
    > http://www.kgiii.info/windows/all/general/malwarefix.html
    >
    > Pay most attention to the bits about safe mode and about the latest
    > definitions.
    >
    > Galen

    That link doesn't resolve to anything in my browser. Perhaps the page is
    offline?

    To the OP: You need to use HijackThis and get expert help for removal.
    Here is a link to a forum post about removing Nail:

    http://forums.tomcoyote.org/lofiversion/index.php/t39787.html

    I got this by using the Google search term, "Nail-Aurora removal". There
    are lots of great links with that.

    HijackThis requires expert skill to use. Post your HJT log to *one* of
    the forums listed below (*not* here, please). Make sure you read all
    the forum posting FAQ's first.

    http://www.aumha.org/a/hjttutor.htm - HijackThis tutorial by Jim
    Eshelman
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtutorial=42 -
    another tutorial
    http://aumha.net - forums
    http://spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5 - Spyware Warrior HijackThis
    forum
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/
    http://forums.tomcoyote.org/
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    In news:uRsXPC$eFHA.3712@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
    Malke <invalid@not-real.com> had this to say:

    > That link doesn't resolve to anything in my browser. Perhaps the page
    > is offline?

    Hmm... No reported outages and the page came up on two different computers
    using separate ISPs here. Same IP address since it's creation so it's surely
    propagated across the entire world, I'd check and see if your ISP is having
    problems. It's straight HTML so script blocking shouldn't prevent people
    from accessing it either. Makes me wonder... Hmm...

    Galen

    without them."

    Sherlock Holmes

    Galen wrote:

    > In news:uRsXPC$eFHA.3712@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
    > Malke <invalid@not-real.com> had this to say:

    >> That link doesn't resolve to anything in my browser. Perhaps the page
    >> is offline?
    >
    > Hmm... No reported outages and the page came up on two different
    > computers using separate ISPs here. Same IP address since it's
    > creation so it's surely propagated across the entire world, I'd check
    > and see if your ISP is having problems. It's straight HTML so script
    > blocking shouldn't prevent people from accessing it either. Makes me
    > wonder... Hmm...
    >
    > Galen

    I don't know what "makes you wonder" is supposed to mean. What an odd
    thing to say. I just tried your link again and it did come up, after a
    longish wait (and I have 5 MBPS cable). In any case, it hardly matters,
    does it? The page doesn't have any specific information about removing
    Nail-Aurora anyway. There are known procedures to remove this pest.

    Malke
    --

    In news:OXOKayBfFHA.1416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    Malke <invalid@not-real.com> had this to say:

    > I don't know what "makes you wonder" is supposed to mean. What an odd
    > thing to say. I just tried your link again and it did come up, after a
    > longish wait (and I have 5 MBPS cable). In any case, it hardly
    > matters, does it? The page doesn't have any specific information
    > about removing Nail-Aurora anyway. There are known procedures to
    > remove this pest.
    >
    > Malke

    Nah, it's all very generic and simple with handy automated tools which work
    in most cases... It just shows people where to get malware specific software
    and how to use it. That's it's only goal in life.

    "Makes me wonder" means just that. I wondered why you'd have problems
    accessing it. It's even more odd that you had a "longish wait" really. I
    wonder if it's something at the server end or with your ISP or even
    something else entirely. Given that I'm on dialup here (no alternatives
    which I'm willing to accept - the FUP for satellite service is absurd enough
    to make the wait for BPL, WiMAX, or the next generation of cell to become
    popular and an accepted standard worthwhile to me) every page takes forever
    and a day to load. I didn't think it odd to wonder why you'd have problems
    accessing the site, I was merely sharing that I was wondering. Didn't even
    remotely seem odd to me to share that it made me curious as nobody has
    notified me of any outages - not the hosts nor the monitoring service - at
    this point. Sorry if you thought it was you that made me wonder, no, not at
    all. Just your connection and the performance of it made me wonder.

    Galen

    without them."

    Sherlock Holmes

McAfee Security Virus Microsoft Windows XP