Nail virus

My McAfee vjirus protection can't get rid of this virus.
HHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PLEASE

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:D9AF68E7-97C0-4C47-BC51-FBB4C5C8F46E@microsoft.com,
NoMo Nail <NoMo Nail@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> My McAfee vjirus protection can't get rid of this virus.
> HHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PLEASE

Malware Cleaning :
http://www.kgiii.info/windows/all/general/malwarefix.html

Pay most attention to the bits about safe mode and about the latest
definitions.

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes

Malke

Galen wrote:

> In news:D9AF68E7-97C0-4C47-BC51-FBB4C5C8F46E@microsoft.com,
> NoMo Nail <NoMo Nail@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

>> My McAfee vjirus protection can't get rid of this virus.
>> HHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PLEASE
>
> Malware Cleaning :
> http://www.kgiii.info/windows/all/general/malwarefix.html
>
> Pay most attention to the bits about safe mode and about the latest
> definitions.
>
> Galen

That link doesn't resolve to anything in my browser. Perhaps the page is
offline?

To the OP: You need to use HijackThis and get expert help for removal.
Here is a link to a forum post about removing Nail:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/lofiversion/index.php/t39787.html

I got this by using the Google search term, "Nail-Aurora removal". There
are lots of great links with that.

HijackThis requires expert skill to use. Post your HJT log to *one* of
the forums listed below (*not* here, please). Make sure you read all
the forum posting FAQ's first.

http://www.aumha.org/a/hjttutor.htm - HijackThis tutorial by Jim
Eshelman
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtutorial=42 -
another tutorial
http://aumha.net - forums
http://spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5 - Spyware Warrior HijackThis
forum
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/
http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:uRsXPC$eFHA.3712@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Malke <invalid@not-real.com> had this to say:

> That link doesn't resolve to anything in my browser. Perhaps the page
> is offline?

Hmm... No reported outages and the page came up on two different computers
using separate ISPs here. Same IP address since it's creation so it's surely
propagated across the entire world, I'd check and see if your ISP is having
problems. It's straight HTML so script blocking shouldn't prevent people
from accessing it either. Makes me wonder... Hmm...

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes

Malke

Galen wrote:

> In news:uRsXPC$eFHA.3712@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
> Malke <invalid@not-real.com> had this to say:

>> That link doesn't resolve to anything in my browser. Perhaps the page
>> is offline?
>
> Hmm... No reported outages and the page came up on two different
> computers using separate ISPs here. Same IP address since it's
> creation so it's surely propagated across the entire world, I'd check
> and see if your ISP is having problems. It's straight HTML so script
> blocking shouldn't prevent people from accessing it either. Makes me
> wonder... Hmm...
>
> Galen

I don't know what "makes you wonder" is supposed to mean. What an odd
thing to say. I just tried your link again and it did come up, after a
longish wait (and I have 5 MBPS cable). In any case, it hardly matters,
does it? The page doesn't have any specific information about removing
Nail-Aurora anyway. There are known procedures to remove this pest.

Malke
--

In news:OXOKayBfFHA.1416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Malke <invalid@not-real.com> had this to say:

> I don't know what "makes you wonder" is supposed to mean. What an odd
> thing to say. I just tried your link again and it did come up, after a
> longish wait (and I have 5 MBPS cable). In any case, it hardly
> matters, does it? The page doesn't have any specific information
> about removing Nail-Aurora anyway. There are known procedures to
> remove this pest.
>
> Malke

Nah, it's all very generic and simple with handy automated tools which work
in most cases... It just shows people where to get malware specific software
and how to use it. That's it's only goal in life.

"Makes me wonder" means just that. I wondered why you'd have problems
accessing it. It's even more odd that you had a "longish wait" really. I
wonder if it's something at the server end or with your ISP or even
something else entirely. Given that I'm on dialup here (no alternatives
which I'm willing to accept - the FUP for satellite service is absurd enough
to make the wait for BPL, WiMAX, or the next generation of cell to become
popular and an accepted standard worthwhile to me) every page takes forever
and a day to load. I didn't think it odd to wonder why you'd have problems
accessing the site, I was merely sharing that I was wondering. Didn't even
remotely seem odd to me to share that it made me curious as nobody has
notified me of any outages - not the hosts nor the monitoring service - at
this point. Sorry if you thought it was you that made me wonder, no, not at
all. Just your connection and the performance of it made me wonder.

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes