New to ATI and X700

william

Driver version on the adapter properties say 6.14.10.6467. But I see 5.3
catalyst at ATI web site. How do I know which is the correct number?

Thanks
Bill

"William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message
> Driver version on the adapter properties say 6.14.10.6467. But I see 5.3
> catalyst at ATI web site. How do I know which is the correct number?
>
> Thanks
> Bill

Look on the Options tab.

--
Derek

william

"Derek Baker" <me@xyzderekbaker.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
> "William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message
>> Driver version on the adapter properties say 6.14.10.6467. But I see 5.3
>> catalyst at ATI web site. How do I know which is the correct number?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Bill
>>

> Look on the Options tab.
>
> --
> Derek
Says 8.04-040717a-017646C

> "Derek Baker" <me@xyzderekbaker.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
>> "William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message
>>> Driver version on the adapter properties say 6.14.10.6467. But I see 5.3
>>> catalyst at ATI web site. How do I know which is the correct number?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Bill
>>>

>> Look on the Options tab.
>>
>> --
>> Derek
> Says 8.04-040717a-017646C
>
> Bill

Doesn't it have a CATALYST Version and 2D Version above that?

--

> "William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Derek Baker" <me@xyzderekbaker.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> "William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message

>>> Look on the Options tab.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Derek
>> Says 8.04-040717a-017646C
>>
>> Bill
>>

> Doesn't it have a CATALYST Version and 2D Version above that?
>
> --
> Derek
The 2D version is the first number I gave above and I do not see a CATALYST
version number. Only other item is Control panel version 6.14.10.5117.
Thanks
Bill

william

"Derek Baker" <me@xyzderekbaker.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
> "William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Derek Baker" <me@xyzderekbaker.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> "William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message

>>> Look on the Options tab.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Derek
>> Says 8.04-040717a-017646C
>>
>> Bill
>>

> Doesn't it have a CATALYST Version and 2D Version above that?
>
> --
> Derek

Maybe I should just go ahead and install the current 5.3s since the drivers
out of the box are normally a few versions behind.

> "Derek Baker" <me@xyzderekbaker.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
>> "William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Derek Baker" <me@xyzderekbaker.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message

>>> Says 8.04-040717a-017646C
>>>
>>> Bill
>>>

>> Doesn't it have a CATALYST Version and 2D Version above that?
>>
>> --
>> Derek
>

> Maybe I should just go ahead and install the current 5.3s since the
> drivers out of the box are normally a few versions behind.
>
> Bill

Absolutely. Though note that there are two versions, one with the Control
Panel, one with the Catalyst Control Centre. Many people prefer the CP.

--

> "William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Derek Baker" <me@xyzderekbaker.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> "William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message

>>> Doesn't it have a CATALYST Version and 2D Version above that?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Derek
>>

>> Maybe I should just go ahead and install the current 5.3s since the
>> drivers out of the box are normally a few versions behind.
>>
>> Bill
>>

> Absolutely. Though note that there are two versions, one with the Control
> Panel, one with the Catalyst Control Centre. Many people prefer the CP.
>
> --
> Derek

Yes I have been following that discussion and will go with the control panle
update. I dont even think I have the control centre in my original insatll.
Thanks for your time

Bill

william

"Derek Baker" <me@xyzderekbaker.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
> "William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Derek Baker" <me@xyzderekbaker.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> "William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message

>>> Doesn't it have a CATALYST Version and 2D Version above that?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Derek
>>

>> Maybe I should just go ahead and install the current 5.3s since the
>> drivers out of the box are normally a few versions behind.
>>
>> Bill
>>

> Absolutely. Though note that there are two versions, one with the Control
> Panel, one with the Catalyst Control Centre. Many people prefer the CP.
>
> --
> Derek

Installed the 5.3s and the options tab now say 5.3 so all is well.
Are you British or Canadian?

> "Derek Baker" <me@xyzderekbaker.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
>> "William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Derek Baker" <me@xyzderekbaker.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message

>>> Maybe I should just go ahead and install the current 5.3s since the
>>> drivers out of the box are normally a few versions behind.
>>>
>>> Bill
>>>

>> Absolutely. Though note that there are two versions, one with the Control
>> Panel, one with the Catalyst Control Centre. Many people prefer the CP.
>>
>> --
>> Derek
>

> Installed the 5.3s and the options tab now say 5.3 so all is well.
> Are you British or Canadian?
> Bill

British. What made you think I might be Canadian?

--

> "William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Derek Baker" <me@xyzderekbaker.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> "William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message

>>> Absolutely. Though note that there are two versions, one with the
>>> Control Panel, one with the Catalyst Control Centre. Many people prefer
>>> the CP.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Derek
>>

>> Installed the 5.3s and the options tab now say 5.3 so all is well.
>> Are you British or Canadian?
>> Bill
>
> British. What made you think I might be Canadian?
>
> --
> Derek

Canada is part of the commonwealth so spelling etc is very British, in
Ontario anyway...
They would spell "centre" the same way :)

Thanks again.

> "Derek Baker" <me@xyzderekbaker.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
>> "William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Derek Baker" <me@xyzderekbaker.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message

>>> Installed the 5.3s and the options tab now say 5.3 so all is well.
>>> Are you British or Canadian?
>>> Bill
>>
>> British. What made you think I might be Canadian?
>>
>> --
>> Derek
>>
> Canada is part of the commonwealth so spelling etc is very British, in
> Ontario anyway...
> They would spell "centre" the same way :)
>
> Thanks again.
> Bill

Of course, I thought it must have been something I'd written.

--
Derek

Todd

William,

Here is my best advice, gained from several years of hands on experience: if the card is
working right then DON'T update the driver. You never know what might happen, as ATi is
notorious for driver problems. If it ain't broke, don't fix it ;)
--
Todd

Please go back to the nvidia newsgroup. lol !