Pallet Snoop

I am trying to increase the stability of an ATI TV Wonder card in my system.
Sometimes when I start the TV part of Multimedia player it gives me a blue
screen in Win2000.
Seems to be after I use Win Media Player, not always though.

Noticed a few bios settings that I don't know if they might help:

1. PCI/VGA Pallet Snoop- no Idea what this might do
2. Setting my AGP memory to it's highest value

Can anyone shed some light on these bios settings ?

Thanks, Tex

"Tex Shalter" <anon.x@anon.invalid> wrote in message
> Noticed a few bios settings that I don't know if they might help:
>
> 1. PCI/VGA Pallet Snoop- no Idea what this might do

Toggle it and see what happens, probably nothing...

> 2. Setting my AGP memory to it's highest value

I would go the other way and try it at 16 MB or lower, though the chances of
that fixing the problem are still small.

> Can anyone shed some light on these bios settings ?

Seems to be a driver issue with overlays. Try upgrading to the latest
version of Win Media Player or ditch it altogether and use Media Player
Classic or BSPlayer, neither of which are as bloated.

"Tex Shalter" <anon.x@anon.invalid> wrote in message
>I am trying to increase the stability of an ATI TV Wonder card in my
>system.
> Sometimes when I start the TV part of Multimedia player it gives me a blue
> screen in Win2000.
> Seems to be after I use Win Media Player, not always though.
>
> Noticed a few bios settings that I don't know if they might help:
>
> 1. PCI/VGA Pallet Snoop- no Idea what this might do
> 2. Setting my AGP memory to it's highest value
>
> Can anyone shed some light on these bios settings ?
>
> Thanks, Tex

PCI/VGA Pallet Snoop and AGP Aperture size are explained here:
http://www.adriansrojakpot.com/Speed_Demonz/BIOS_Guide/BIOS_Guide_Index.htm
Normal settings for most users are no for the first and 64MB-128MB for the
second but as you'll see when you read up on it, the actual selection will
vary depending on your exact hardware. I suspect the blue screens are more
likely associated with other issues - what do the blue screen errors
display?

Paul