Workgroup access

I have a workgroup set up for my office, which is part of a larger network.
How can I restrict who can join the workgroup?

Malke

jswafa wrote:

> I have a workgroup set up for my office, which is part of a larger
> network. How can I restrict who can join the workgroup?

You can't. You would need to have a domain. You can restrict who can
share files/printers in a Workgroup by disabling the Guest account and
making identical user accounts/passwords for all the users who you do
want to access the lan's resources.

If you want more specific answers, please post back with full details of
your setup, including number of computers, what operating systems (and
Service Pack levels) they are running, and details of what you would
like to accomplish.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Thanks, Malke - that's all I needed to know - works fine. - John