Gamma adjustment problem?

Anyone know why individual RGB Gamma settings can be adjusted for the
desktop but not for 3D?

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"Christopher Madsen" <chris.madsen25624@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Anyone know why individual RGB Gamma settings can be adjusted for the
> desktop but not for 3D?
For visual and color accuracy and matching for high level graphics and
pbotoshop work. Monitor must be calibrated accurately against a reference.

"Augustus" <augustus@wrtt.net> wrote in message
> For visual and color accuracy and matching for high level graphics and
> pbotoshop work. Monitor must be calibrated accurately against a reference.

I have a reference and adjusted the desktop gamma settings for R, G, and B
seperately for the desktop but the option to apply those adjustments to 3D
games and such is unavailable.

Lou

> "Augustus" <augustus@wrtt.net> wrote in message
>> For visual and color accuracy and matching for high level graphics and
>> pbotoshop work. Monitor must be calibrated accurately against a
>> reference.
>>

> I have a reference and adjusted the desktop gamma settings for R, G, and B
> seperately for the desktop but the option to apply those adjustments to 3D
> games and such is unavailable.

Try Radlinker. Its an add on utility that will allow you to make extra
changes to the graphics settings like the gamma color and separate RGB color
changing for either the desktop or for during games. Its free.

Lou

"Lou" <no-spam@sonic.net> wrote in message

> Try Radlinker. Its an add on utility that will allow you to make extra
> changes to the graphics settings like the gamma color and separate RGB
color
> changing for either the desktop or for during games. Its free.
> http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4156.html
>
> Lou

Thanks for the link but its a tad more than I need. I just want to be able
to apply the same RGB gamma settings to everything I will run. Having a
unique configuration for each program or game is a nice feature but is more
cumbersome to implement than what I was hoping to be able to do. Using the
Catalyst Control Panel's "Color" page to adjust individual gamma settings
works fine for "Desktop". Its only when I select "3D" that the other options
to select R, G, or B are grayed out. Even the checkbox for "All Colors" is
also grayed out. Leaving overall gamma, brightness, and contrast the only
things to be adjusted. This doesn't help fix the slight color inbalance my
monitor has. I don't understand why ATI doesn't seem to allow a global
setting to apply to everything. Didn't have these issues with my NVIDIA card
that I upgraded from. Wierd?

Chris

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 04:33:57 GMT, "Chris Madsen"
<chris.madsen25624@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>"Lou" <no-spam@sonic.net> wrote in message

>> Try Radlinker. Its an add on utility that will allow you to make extra
>> changes to the graphics settings like the gamma color and separate RGB
>color
>> changing for either the desktop or for during games. Its free.
>> http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4156.html

>> Lou

>Thanks for the link but its a tad more than I need. I just want to be able
>to apply the same RGB gamma settings to everything I will run. Having a
>unique configuration for each program or game is a nice feature but is more
>cumbersome to implement than what I was hoping to be able to do. Using the
>Catalyst Control Panel's "Color" page to adjust individual gamma settings
>works fine for "Desktop". Its only when I select "3D" that the other options
>to select R, G, or B are grayed out. Even the checkbox for "All Colors" is
>also grayed out. Leaving overall gamma, brightness, and contrast the only
>things to be adjusted. This doesn't help fix the slight color inbalance my
>monitor has. I don't understand why ATI doesn't seem to allow a global
>setting to apply to everything. Didn't have these issues with my NVIDIA card
>that I upgraded from. Wierd?

>Chris

Desktop / right click / properties / settings / advanced / monitor tab
default monitor - properties.

- Here it will show ' plug & pray ' or ' default monitor '
- Get the correct or similar ' inf ' for your monitor
- Install the ' inf '
- A named monitor should now replace the ' default ' one
- The previously ' greyed out ' options should now be available
- Including ' overclocking ' settings etc for those who know !

NOTE : This with the Omega drivers, it's many many years since I've
used anything other than Omega's,

¸ô¶ó

Lou

"Chris Madsen" <chris.madsen25624@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> "Lou" <no-spam@sonic.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Try Radlinker. Its an add on utility that will allow you to make extra
>> changes to the graphics settings like the gamma color and separate RGB
> color
>> changing for either the desktop or for during games. Its free.
>> http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4156.html
>>
>> Lou
>>

> Thanks for the link but its a tad more than I need. I just want to be able
> to apply the same RGB gamma settings to everything I will run. Having a
> unique configuration for each program or game is a nice feature but is
> more
> cumbersome to implement than what I was hoping to be able to do. Using the
> Catalyst Control Panel's "Color" page to adjust individual gamma settings
> works fine for "Desktop". Its only when I select "3D" that the other
> options
> to select R, G, or B are grayed out. Even the checkbox for "All Colors" is
> also grayed out. Leaving overall gamma, brightness, and contrast the only
> things to be adjusted. This doesn't help fix the slight color inbalance my
> monitor has. I don't understand why ATI doesn't seem to allow a global
> setting to apply to everything. Didn't have these issues with my NVIDIA
> card
> that I upgraded from. Wierd?
>
> Chris

I have not actually tried it, but now I did and I see that even though I
change the color (gamma) settings in radlinker for the "Game" gamma option,
it does not seem to do anything. Maybe some other setting needs to be
changed also to make it work.
There are other tools available also that might work(ATI tool, Rage3d Tweak
etc. )
http://www.etplanet.com/download/ati_nvidia.shtm
but I have not tried them so I don't know if you can change the colors in
games.

In article <9oX_d.7410$ZB6.4745@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com>,
chris.madsen25624@sbcglobal.net says...
> Anyone know why individual RGB Gamma settings can be adjusted for the
> desktop but not for 3D?

I'm not sure this is what you might be after but this is what I use for
gaming adjustments and it works great. Small little program that sits
in one's tray and does the trick beautifully for me anyway.

http://www.iomagic.org/fsc/agc.htm

HTH

--

DeRanger