Against Steam Campaign website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

i'm really very happy!
after the excellent "SteamWatch" site i found another called "Against-Steam"
and it has it all, wallpapers and even t-shirts and short so you can fight
steam even in bed :) a little bit of humour in necessary when dealing with
such worrisome problem like steam!

i really enjoyed the detail when you load the front page... just look at what
happens... very cool :)

Against Steam Campaign
http://nosteam.afterdarknet.at/

the fight against valve and steam as been each day more intense, and i truly
believe we will win!

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

Against Steam Campaign
http://nosteam.afterdarknet.at/

steamwatch - independent observatory about steam
http://www.steamwatch.org/

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

> the fight against valve and steam as been each day more intense, and i
> truly
> believe we will win!

I like Steam.

-Moa Dragon

In article <cu4mg6$dp5$1@news.tiscali.fr>, mickmils@tiscali.fr (Mils
Michael) wrote:

> I like Steam.

I don't mind Steam; necessary evil and all that. But I *really* like
punctuation, and feel sorry for folk like difool who were never told about
the full stop. Heck, the poor guy can't have taken a breath for years!

Which probably explains the brain damage.

Tragic really. Imagine if he could harness all that wasted energy in the
pursuit of something useful, like fusion research or a cure for male
pattern hair loss.

Andrew McP

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 10:03:05 +0100, "Mils Michael"
<mickmils@tiscali.fr> wrote:

>> the fight against valve and steam as been each day more intense, and i
>> truly
>> believe we will win!
>
>I like Steam.
>
>-Moa Dragon

So do I. It feels so good after a hard workout at the gym.

Seriously, I would be very surprised if there weren't any Valve techs
and reps monitoring this newsgroup. What better place to pick up on
unsolicited and spontaious User input? I think they're getting the
message.

Michael) wrote:

> I like Steam.

I don't mind Steam; necessary evil and all that. But I *really* like
punctuation, and feel sorry for folk like difool who were never told about
the full stop. Heck, the poor guy can't have taken a breath for years!

Which probably explains the brain damage.

Tragic really. Imagine if he could harness all that wasted energy in the
pursuit of something useful, like fusion research or a cure for male
pattern hair loss.

Andrew McP
Well "ANDREW Mcp?" You obviously never had a bill for £150 for daring to try to Update a "Steam infected" game? or saw a message after loading Total War Shoguns from new saying "Your game will begin in approx 6 hours" anddthen take 7 hours and as i say give you a bill for £150 because your equaly crap ISP does not "Roll over" your megre 15 GB a month allowance.

Your so Smug to dis this guy's comments, When he, Like thousands of us out there have very real and painful issues with this Hateful way of "doing business"
Steam need not be "a necessary evil" or around in the future, because its people like him that make a difference and actually do something about this real CANCER of Gaming.
You will soon change your glib and smug opinion when every single "Steam" game you have is no longer usable because "Steam" went out of business and there are no more Steam Servers to "Update" with in existence?

Ahhh what a Happy happy thought.
I read the above and have signed every petition i can find tonight!

Nice helpful site by the way Thanks

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
The original posts are from 2005 - that should explain your 404 issues

As for steam though - I'm glad they won out.

If you're not english speaking, steam has many disadvantages, but most of these are the fault of the developers and not valve. The steam UI and some of the store features are not up to expectations. But at the same time, they're the best option around.

So overall - I like steam.
And I've liked it enough to use quite a heap of money on it, as my community profile might indicate (799 games owned according to the list)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/neiroatopelcc

I humor people stating that steam will go down and then games won't work. At the rate steam is going right now, it will never go down, even if valve somehow manages to go bankrupt and ceases to exist you can rest assured other devs/publishers will buy out the platform, because none of them will be willing to let such a cash cow slide by to the oblivion.

casualcolors

It's the same red herring that people use to complain about every digital distributor, every DRM, every authentication application and so on. Obviously I agree with your sentiment. Neiro's as well. Steam is far from perfect and in some ways isn't even leading the field as far as digital game facilitation. But it does a pretty good job and most importantly to me, it provides another option for comparison shopping. Between Steam, Origin, Amazon Downloads, GOG, GF and so on and so on (literally there are like 12 or 13 viable digital distributors these days) the odds of me having to pay retail price on a game are significantly diminished after about 30 days. The only thing I miss is the kickin' rad box-art that was enough to sell me on a game when I was a kid.

For the sake of perspective though, this thread is pretty good. With the recent threads that we had about Origin, it's funny to see what the threads about Steam looked like just 7 years ago.

penguin_guy

No, it is Pirate Bay!

It works great only off-line mode too... oh, wait there is no need for off-line mode!

Service does not end with that. No-DRM, no activation limit, nothing! Wow, just wow!

Cheers!

[removed]

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Moderator
Please do not suggest links that contain pirated materials, this is against forum rules.

This thread was dormant for 7 years before it was recently reopend. Please do not post on threads that haven't been idle for long periods of time; open a new thread with relevant information.