bill

How do I disable the little nagging red shield that complains because I have
automatic updates disabled?

I should be able to, it's my computer and I make decisions on how it works.
I have more cumulative downtime due to poorly implemented Microsoft updates
than all the virus and worms combined, so please no lectures.

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Security Center >
"Change the way Security Center alerts me". Uncheck
"Automatic Updates" and click OK.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Bill" wrote:

| How do I disable the little nagging red shield that complains because I have
| automatic updates disabled?
|
| I should be able to, it's my computer and I make decisions on how it works.
| I have more cumulative downtime due to poorly implemented Microsoft updates
| than all the virus and worms combined, so please no lectures.

No lectures
I have automatic updates disabled as well but I have notification turned on
This way it tells me there is a new update..but I decide whether to install
it.
peterk

the problem