AIW X600 Pro PCI-Exprex FM Srereo????

For the life of me, I simply CANNOT get stereo reception on the FM tuner!
It's driving me nuts. All stations come in clear. I've tried a multitude
of antennae, including 2 powered FM antenna units - no luck. I don't have
any problems with FM stereo in my apartment on all of my other units
(stereos, walkmans, etc.)

I had a TV Wonder Elite installed, and FM played in stereo on that card.
I've removed it pending better software from ATI (hopefully). That
Cyberlink junk they decided to use is just too awful! You can't even
"upgrade" the software without having to buy another TV/FM card. No user
settings, and the interface is just too childlike. I like the separate
components of MMC better. I don't WANT to record the TV every time I want
to watch something!

Anyway, back to the problem at hand, is anyone else having FM stereo woes
with the AIW x600, and any tips? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Tony.

marius

Actually I don't have an AIW X600 I have an AIW X800XT and
after installing it on a new XP install I still did not have any FM
stations.
This was with the drivers from the CD. After upgrading to latest multimedia
centre
v 9.06 I started to have some stations using the "antena" from ATI (the Y
wires)
but the quality of reception not very good.
I hope that the future release will fix this problem.

Marius

"Guess Who" <chippe01@REMOVETHIShotmail.com> wrote in message
> For the life of me, I simply CANNOT get stereo reception on the FM tuner!
> It's driving me nuts. All stations come in clear. I've tried a multitude
> of antennae, including 2 powered FM antenna units - no luck. I don't have
> any problems with FM stereo in my apartment on all of my other units
> (stereos, walkmans, etc.)
>
> I had a TV Wonder Elite installed, and FM played in stereo on that card.
> I've removed it pending better software from ATI (hopefully). That
> Cyberlink junk they decided to use is just too awful! You can't even
> "upgrade" the software without having to buy another TV/FM card. No user
> settings, and the interface is just too childlike. I like the separate
> components of MMC better. I don't WANT to record the TV every time I want
> to watch something!
>
> Anyway, back to the problem at hand, is anyone else having FM stereo woes
> with the AIW x600, and any tips? I'd appreciate it.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Tony.

Thanks for the reply. I had an old GemTek USB radio (Actually D-Link
branded). I found some XP drivers for it, and hooked it up. I get great
reception from this little piece of plastic, with all stations in STEREO.

I've updated MMC to 9.06, no difference. I should just sent this card back.