What's a "good" overclock for a 9600XT?

I just got this from a friend of mine. It's 128mb and it made by GeCube. I
just installed the 5.3 Catalyst drivers and ATI Tool.

What would be a good overclocking for this card. I'm not looking to push
the card to it's limits, but I would like a performance increase without any
artifacts, etc.

Thanks.

> I just got this from a friend of mine. It's 128mb and it made by GeCube.
> just installed the 5.3 Catalyst drivers and ATI Tool.
>
> What would be a good overclocking for this card. I'm not looking to push
> the card to it's limits, but I would like a performance increase without
any
> artifacts, etc.

My 256 MB Sapphire 9600 XT will run up to 525/325 safely, no more. Stock
cooling though. Couldn't be bothered to replace that yet.

Flippin' Sweet wrote:
Flippin' Sweet wrote:
> I just got this from a friend of mine. It's 128mb and it made by GeCube. I
> just installed the 5.3 Catalyst drivers and ATI Tool.
>
> What would be a good overclocking for this card. I'm not looking to push
> the card to it's limits, but I would like a performance increase without any
> artifacts, etc.
>
> Thanks.
>

> I just got this from a friend of mine. It's 128mb and it made by GeCube. I
> just installed the 5.3 Catalyst drivers and ATI Tool.
>
> What would be a good overclocking for this card. I'm not looking to push
> the card to it's limits, but I would like a performance increase without any
> artifacts, etc.
>
> Thanks.

I have clocked my core upto 542Mhz with ATITool - not sure if it could
go further. I have tried overclocking the memory (hynix 3.3ns) but it
does not seem to like it. Even at just a 3Mhz overclock - with Overdrive
enabled it can start artifacting (checkerboard on the screen).

My temperatures at stock are about 40 deg cel idle and 65 under load
which I think are a bit high for a 9600XT so im not wanting to overclock
the core until I sort out a better cooling solution.

With a 42Mhz increase on the Core my 3dmark03 score went from 3800 to
about 3940 so not a huge increase.