Overclocking 9600

How can I overclock a Radeon 9600 Pro? Thanks.

Ati tool

google it, it will automatically find safe speeds for your memory and gpu,
gd program, alternatively, your card might have shipped with an o/c utility,
eg. gigabyte= Vtuner, or Sapphire and redline etc.

make sure your you got ample cooling, as 9600 cards are passively cooled, so
u might fry it if your not careful

i got a relatively cheap 9600pro with default 400 core /200(400DDR)mem i got
it to be stable at 427/273

happy o/c'ing

"Veritech" <avis.dalrymple@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Ati tool
>
> google it, it will automatically find safe speeds for your memory and gpu,
> gd program, alternatively, your card might have shipped with an o/c
utility,
> eg. gigabyte= Vtuner, or Sapphire and redline etc.
>
> make sure your you got ample cooling, as 9600 cards are passively cooled,
so
> u might fry it if your not careful
>
> i got a relatively cheap 9600pro with default 400 core /200(400DDR)mem i
got
> it to be stable at 427/273

I got the tool.After removal of the OC lock, I got it to work. I get 67 FPS
avearage and 442/209.25. Do you have to try each slider separately until you
reach the optimum (until you get the artifacts)? What is the best way to do
it? Thx.

no, use the button that says "find max core/mem" it takes ages, for me at
least but it does do a better job than a noob o/c'er like me would do, as it
raises the frequencies slowly allowing the card to warm up and artifacts if
any to show. When your done save them as profiles (eg.max mem, max core,
maxed) and then lock and load when you need a boost.

> no, use the button that says "find max core/mem" it takes ages, for me at
> least but it does do a better job than a noob o/c'er like me would do, as
it
> raises the frequencies slowly allowing the card to warm up and artifacts
if
> any to show. When your done save them as profiles (eg.max mem, max core,
> maxed) and then lock and load when you need a boost.

Thanks, I'll try that. BTW, the colors and video speed are also great under
Windows XP 64 bit

Hey i saw you guys were talking about vtuner with ati, i just bought
an ATI

Chip Vendor: ATI

Chip Type: Radeon 9550 (RV350LX)

Model name: R955256D

Bus Type: AGP Bus

AGP Seed: 4x rate

Main Bord INFO:

CPU Vendor: Intel

System Total memory: 523,760KB

System Free Memory: 177,096KB

ok now that, that is out of the way lemme tell you guys my prob. That
is a 256MB card!! and everytime i play a game i get only like 40-110
fps (70 average) my bro's computer has a Nvidia 64 mb card and
he gets like the same fps. I have talked to someone that plays the
game and has a Nvidia 256 mb card and get over 300 fps!!!!!
my card came with gigabyte stuff and a tool called vtuner. i see this
thing that says coreclock at 250mhz, and i see memory clock at 392
mhz, i see these bars where i can probably change it but it wont let
me! I have seen the manual and im suppose to be able to alter it
just by moving the little bar but i can't. i dunno whats wrong Is it
the vtuner tool? Do i have to do something in my bios? Is my bios
preventing it from changing? pls guys i would appreciate the help.

ill keep checking in but add me on ur messengers:

xfire: princemurder
msn: jtadeo41@hotmail.com
aim: jtadeo51

thx guys

PrinceMurder wrote:
> Hey i saw you guys were talking about vtuner with ati, i just bought
> an ATI
>
> Chip Vendor: ATI
>
> Chip Type: Radeon 9550 (RV350LX)
>
> Model name: R955256D
>
> Bus Type: AGP Bus
>
> AGP Seed: 4x rate
>
> Main Bord INFO:
>
> CPU Vendor: Intel
>
> System Total memory: 523,760KB
>

> System Free Memory: 177,096KB
>

> ok now that, that is out of the way lemme tell you guys my prob. That
> is a 256MB card!! and everytime i play a game i get only like 40-110
> fps (70 average) my bro's computer has a Nvidia 64 mb card and
> he gets like the same fps. I have talked to someone that plays the
> game and has a Nvidia 256 mb card and get over 300 fps!!!!!
> my card came with gigabyte stuff and a tool called vtuner. i see this
> thing that says coreclock at 250mhz, and i see memory clock at 392
> mhz, i see these bars where i can probably change it but it wont let
> me! I have seen the manual and im suppose to be able to alter it
> just by moving the little bar but i can't. i dunno whats wrong Is it
> the vtuner tool? Do i have to do something in my bios? Is my bios
> preventing it from changing? pls guys i would appreciate the help.
>

> ill keep checking in but add me on ur messengers:
>
> xfire: princemurder
> msn: jtadeo41@hotmail.com
> aim: jtadeo51
>
> thx guys

Ok heres the bit where you learn about manufacturers marketing tactics.

the size of the memory on your graphics card doesn't really matter :(
Especially at this level. You should have saved your cash and got a 128
card.

two, you should have tried to get a 9600 or 9600pro card(some may argue
different) The clock speeds are much higer and the performance is too.

three your card may have 256mb of memory but it might be 64 bit memory
interface instead of a 128 bit. which would slow down your card alot.

Imagine your brother has something like a Ti4200(not sure if they do
those with 64mb).

Anyways heres the solution

Google "ATI tool" download the app and run the automatic/safey
overclocking feature, it will max the card as far as it will go safey.
Once thats done you can save the speeds and load them at will. If your
lucky you can overclock it to a 9600(300/400) or if you've got a really
good card a 9600 pro (400/600)which is what i got. Don't get to excited
though you can't overclock the core much more than a couple dozen mhz

oh heres a link for ati tool
http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/

good luck