Invisible account

a b 8 Security
June 29, 2005 11:13:01 PM

I've tinkering around windows logon account and found out that the
Administrator account can be accessed via manual login. I was wondering if i
can make an invisible account just like the Administrator account in windows
xp. Thanks.

More about : invisible account

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 30, 2005 12:03:31 AM

http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.com/windowsxp/articles...

Matt Gibson - GSEC

"RC93" <RC93@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've tinkering around windows logon account and found out that the
> Administrator account can be accessed via manual login. I was wondering if
> can make an invisible account just like the Administrator account in
> windows
> xp. Thanks.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 30, 2005 3:31:34 AM

"RC93" <RC93@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've tinkering around windows logon account and found out that the
> Administrator account can be accessed via manual login. I was wondering if
> can make an invisible account just like the Administrator account in
> windows
> xp. Thanks.

See "Hide Users from the Welcome Screen" here:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_wel_screen.htm

--
Colin Nash
Microsoft MVP

This can also be accomplished with TweakUI for XP.

TweakUI is available from

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powert... (SP1 and later systems)

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/downloads/power... (Pre SP1 systems)

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes