DUAL ATI all in wonder ca

lost most control of my fingers so pleaqe bear with me, it hurts like hell 2
type.

Im running the ati 9700 pro all in wonder and added a 2nd all in wonder card
seems they arent sdupported as stated in their literature. i keep having
missing or corrupt drivers or the damn guide plus keeps trying to re update
itsself

anyone runicards get em working pro[pperly?
i can get pip, tc but sooonner or later bingo re-install winbloze cause it
really doessome damage

ny help or info on running 2 all in wonder card/drivers would be appreciated

thak you

--

http://home.comcast.net/~rtshaw/

I Am a Criminal created by the US Government
A Medical Cannabis Advocate, User & Engineer.
I Designed your Space Shuttles, Cars & Software.

"Ron Shaw" <rtshaw@comcast.net.NO_SPAM> wrote in message
> lost most control of my fingers so pleaqe bear with me, it hurts like hell
> 2 type.

You should have a look at voice recognition and dictation software - its
come a long way since the days I first assisted IBM as a Beta tester for an
early version of Viavoice. There's no pain at all in speaking into a headset
microphone (assuming the operator isn't voice impaired) and it's much faster
for those who've never bothered learning to type - or cant for whatever
reason.
> Im running the ati 9700 pro all in wonder and added a 2nd all in wonder
> card seems they arent sdupported as stated in their literature. i keep
> having missing or corrupt drivers or the damn guide plus keeps trying to
> re update itsself.
As you rightly pointed out, the documentation and relevant info on ATIs
website indicates that an All In Wonder type graphics card must be
configured as the primary VGA card for it to work properly - well how can
you do this when there are 2 of them in the same machine, the simple answer
is you cant. Its a hardware limitation not a software or driver limitation.

> anyone runicards get em working pro[pperly?
> i can get pip, tc but sooonner or later bingo re-install winbloze cause it
> really doessome damage

If you want the capabilities of dual tuners in a machine with an All In
Wonder Radeon 9700 Pro, your best bet would be to sell the other All In
Wonder second hand and buy a dedicated ATI TV Tuner card. Under ATIs MMC
software this will give you something they term MulTView. I believe the
latest ATI TV Tuner card, called the TV Wonder Elite doesn't currently
operate under ATIs Multimedia Centre and I don't know if plans are afoot to
allow this however it is Windows XP Media Centre 2005 compatible along with
the AIW Radeon 9700 (using the latest standard XP drivers) so that may be a
way to go. Alternatively you could buy a TV Wonder Pro or lower for
immediate MMC compatibility. Although I have several AIW Radeon cards, I've
never tried running more than 1 in a given machine because they're all AGP
cards (I have none of the old PCI All in wonder cards).

Paul

voice recog doesnt work 4 me being a ex nasa engineer u know triedem all
buit polio damaged my throat so its retrain retrain retrqain i bought every
piece o software and damn neareevery mic
i even designed BCD - binary coded decimal gloves to usewhen i couldnt speak
(progrAMMR TOO) sorry... but the druga made me slow(er) forgot hex, etc i
remembered it but it took 2 ong where before i was 2nd naure 2 me

i worked with voice recog 20 yrs ago and it hasnt gotten uch bettr with
microsux always hindering reseach.
do u recall voltrax or the sc01 chip?
ron
"Paul Murphy" <p_murphynothanks@tospamhotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Ron Shaw" <rtshaw@comcast.net.NO_SPAM> wrote in message
>> lost most control of my fingers so pleaqe bear with me, it hurts like
>> hell 2 type.
>>
> You should have a look at voice recognition and dictation software - its
> come a long way since the days I first assisted IBM as a Beta tester for
> an early version of Viavoice. There's no pain at all in speaking into a
> headset microphone (assuming the operator isn't voice impaired) and it's
> much faster for those who've never bothered learning to type - or cant for
> whatever reason.
>> Im running the ati 9700 pro all in wonder and added a 2nd all in wonder
>> card seems they arent sdupported as stated in their literature. i keep
>> having missing or corrupt drivers or the damn guide plus keeps trying to
>> re update itsself.
> As you rightly pointed out, the documentation and relevant info on ATIs
> website indicates that an All In Wonder type graphics card must be
> configured as the primary VGA card for it to work properly - well how can
> you do this when there are 2 of them in the same machine, the simple
> answer is you cant. Its a hardware limitation not a software or driver
> limitation.
>>
>> anyone runicards get em working pro[pperly?
>> i can get pip, tc but sooonner or later bingo re-install winbloze cause
>> it really doessome damage
>>
> If you want the capabilities of dual tuners in a machine with an All In
> Wonder Radeon 9700 Pro, your best bet would be to sell the other All In
> Wonder second hand and buy a dedicated ATI TV Tuner card. Under ATIs MMC
> software this will give you something they term MulTView. I believe the

i did do that muliview works until u select the 2nd turner thn the fun
begins

i havce the ati all in wonder pro 9700 pro, and th other4 card (maybe i
didnttype i all in cause my hands hurt)