disable warning when execute exe in drive z:...

Hi,

When I execute an exe file which doesn't need to be installed properly
on my machine but just launched (and, which resides on a network drive
on another machine like z:\test \...) then I get a warning if I
really want to execute that.

How can I disable that?

(And how is that feature called?)

Felix
2 answers Last reply
More about disable warning execute drive

    Felix Kater wrote:

    > When I execute an exe file which doesn't need to be installed
    > properly on my machine but just launched (and, which resides on
    > a network drive on another machine like z:\test \...) then I
    > get a warning if I really want to execute that.
    >
    > How can I disable that?
    Hi,

    You need to have the server that the Z: drive points to (or the domain
    the server is in) defined as "Local intranet zone"

    To see what zone you now have have for the path, in Explorer, select
    "Status Bar" under the View menu. If it says "Internet", you will need
    to add your server (or the domain) to the "Local intranet zone" in
    Internet Explorer.

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

    "Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\)" <Torgeir.Bakken-spam@hydro.com> wrote:

    > Felix Kater wrote:
    >
    > > When I execute an exe file which doesn't need to be installed
    > > properly on my machine but just launched (and, which resides on
    > > a network drive on another machine like z:\test \...) then I
    > > get a warning if I really want to execute that.
    > >
    > > How can I disable that?

    > You need to have the server that the Z: drive points to (or the domain
    > the server is in) defined as "Local intranet zone"

    Thanks.

    Note: In contrast to direct double clicks to the exe files in explorer--
    desktop icons (links to these exe files) are only updated after a restart.

    Felix

Security Microsoft Windows XP