Video survellance software

Mike

Splendid

I'm trying to use an old ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon 64Mb equiped PC for video
survellance. Windows 2000, Celeron 500, 384Mb, 80Gbyte disc. ATI software
release 105 which provides version 7.0 of the Multimedia centre. Did look
on the ATI site for upgrades but these required huge amounts of Windows
upgrades as well.

Anyway the ATI Multimedia centre software shows the camera working fine
using composite input but all of the various types of survellance software I
have downloaded trials of have either not found the video feed or crashed
when they tried to record it.

Any suggestions on software than does or may work ?

Many thanks.

You probably need a video capture card and its software. I use a
GeoVision card and software. It requires an IntelP4 (see site below).
Try this site:
http://www.geovision.com.tw/002/en/default.asp
When I was searching for a retailer, I ended up here:
http://www.surveillance-spy-cameras.com/
talk to Bill

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 18:02:12 -0000, "Mike" <mike@nospam.com> wrote:

>I'm trying to use an old ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon 64Mb equiped PC for video
>survellance. Windows 2000, Celeron 500, 384Mb, 80Gbyte disc. ATI software
>release 105 which provides version 7.0 of the Multimedia centre. Did look
>on the ATI site for upgrades but these required huge amounts of Windows
>upgrades as well.
>
>Anyway the ATI Multimedia centre software shows the camera working fine
>using composite input but all of the various types of survellance software I
>have downloaded trials of have either not found the video feed or crashed
>when they tried to record it.
>
>Any suggestions on software than does or may work ?
>
>Many thanks.

Basic problem is ATI doesn't provide a VFW driver but only a WDM driver,
hence a lot of software just doesn't see the card. Has po'd me for years
cause it means card can't be used with NetMeeting.