I want to make a HL2 mod

Last response: in Video Games
February 6, 2005 10:52:45 AM

where do I start gathering information/help?

thanks

More about : make hl2 mod

Anonymous
February 6, 2005 10:52:46 AM

well, to be honest, if you dont know anything about mapping, making a
mod for HL2 is not the best option. you'll be better just trying to
make a decent single level: a mod can take months to make, and longer
if you want it to be professional looking.
the main site for HL2 mapping is http://collective.valve-erc.com/
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 11:50:51 AM

I know mapping already.

"oaktree" <themightyoaktree@gmail.com> wrote in message
> well, to be honest, if you dont know anything about mapping, making a
> mod for HL2 is not the best option. you'll be better just trying to
> make a decent single level: a mod can take months to make, and longer
> if you want it to be professional looking.
> the main site for HL2 mapping is http://collective.valve-erc.com/

Anonymous
February 6, 2005 5:20:05 PM

oaktree wrote:
> well, to be honest, if you dont know anything about mapping, making a
> mod for HL2 is not the best option. you'll be better just trying to
> make a decent single level: a mod can take months to make, and longer
> if you want it to be professional looking.
> the main site for HL2 mapping is http://collective.valve-erc.com/

not at all :)  modding isn't necessarily about complex redesigns of the
game... and those mods which do try to reinvent the wheel are quite
often not the best ones. if the OP is experienced in C++, then it's not
a huge job to get a small, simple mod up and running.

the collective links to alot of editing sites, although I think The
Wavelength deserves particular attention for editing aswell.

http://www.thewavelength.net

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench
Anonymous

Gooofy wrote:
> I know mapping already.

Have you installed the SDK through Steam? The SDK contains alot of
documentation written by valve about the source code, modelling, sound
editing, FacePoser, etc..

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench
Anonymous

"Ben Cottrell" wrote

> the collective links to alot of editing sites, although I think The
> Wavelength deserves particular attention for editing aswell.
>
> http://www.thewavelength.net

Yep, it's quite odd that it's mssing from the stickies at the VERC network
forums
Hmm it's a bit sparse with HL2 editing tutorials

Link with various wditing sites

http://www.chatbear.com/board.plm?a=viewthread&t=351,11...

- Peter
!