I want to make a HL2 mod

where do I start gathering information/help?

thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about make

    well, to be honest, if you dont know anything about mapping, making a
    mod for HL2 is not the best option. you'll be better just trying to
    make a decent single level: a mod can take months to make, and longer
    if you want it to be professional looking.
    the main site for HL2 mapping is http://collective.valve-erc.com/

    I know mapping already.

    oaktree wrote:
    > well, to be honest, if you dont know anything about mapping, making a
    > mod for HL2 is not the best option. you'll be better just trying to
    > make a decent single level: a mod can take months to make, and longer
    > if you want it to be professional looking.
    > the main site for HL2 mapping is http://collective.valve-erc.com/

    not at all :) modding isn't necessarily about complex redesigns of the
    game... and those mods which do try to reinvent the wheel are quite
    often not the best ones. if the OP is experienced in C++, then it's not
    a huge job to get a small, simple mod up and running.

    the collective links to alot of editing sites, although I think The
    Wavelength deserves particular attention for editing aswell.

    http://www.thewavelength.net

    --
    Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

    Gooofy wrote:
    > I know mapping already.

    Have you installed the SDK through Steam? The SDK contains alot of
    documentation written by valve about the source code, modelling, sound
    editing, FacePoser, etc..

    --
    Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

    "Ben Cottrell" wrote

    > the collective links to alot of editing sites, although I think The
    > Wavelength deserves particular attention for editing aswell.
    >
    > http://www.thewavelength.net

    Yep, it's quite odd that it's mssing from the stickies at the VERC network
    forums
    Hmm it's a bit sparse with HL2 editing tutorials

    Link with various wditing sites

    http://www.chatbear.com/board.plm?a=viewthread&t=351,1100582219,8788&id=728292&b=4986&v=flatold

    - Peter

Games Video Games